*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1019974-A-Matter-of-Craft
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Zera
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Supernatural · #1019974
A story told by one of my vampire characters, Vladimir Darkmoon.
A MATTER OF CRAFT
Chapter One


"HEED, PEOPLE, MY story of the night...”
The young teenagers shuffled in the flickering half-light created by the blazing fire. The man always told amazing stories, and this was but one of his tales. They dare not miss it for the world.
The room thy sat in was small and cosy. The fire cast dancing light across the wooden walls, creating shadows that stauked across the woven carpet that covered the floor.
The red eyed man waved his hand dramatically, leaning forward toward the children. He was a fearsome sight, with a long mane of silky, jet black hair, narrow, piercing scarlet eyes and wolf-like fangs that curved down from his mouth. All in all, the man was quite handsome, but there was something that seemed wrong, something nobody who met him could place... Until they learnt what he really was, and the things he had done.
"Years ago," he began after a moment's thought, "There was a city. It was a dark place, full of murder, intrigue, rape and drugs, a hive for crimials and police alike.
"It was a full moon that night. Light shone across the alley like a becon, lighting up the cracked windows and boarded up doors. Broken glass littered the ground like stars. My feet crunched them as I walked past.
© Copyright 2005 Zera (vladimir at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1019974-A-Matter-of-Craft