*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1017222-The-Consequence
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Experience · #1017222
sometimes buying a new house is better than buying an old one...
"Where should we hide this diary? We better choose a good spot. We don't wanna disgrace a dead guy!" Louie's voice echoed through a lantern-lit room. They have been fixing his dead uncle's stuff for days now.

"Don't be ridiculous Louie! A dead dude does not care about his stuff anymore. You better leave it anywhere. And besides, who wants to read a diary?" His cousin Michael replied. Michael grew tired of hiding stuff everywhere. He sees it pointless.

"Just tell me if you don't wanna help me anymore. The door's wide open for you to get out", said Louie. He was getting annoyed to his cousin.

After an icy cold silence, they have decided where to hide the diary. They hid it in a secret drawer in their uncle's bedroom. After hiding the diary, they called someone and told them that the house is now ready for renovation.

They sold the house three days after their uncle's burial. It was his wish. It was bought right away by the McKay's. The McKay's were the richest family in town.



(ten years after)

"Mary! Clean your room right now, or i'll never let you use the car again!" shouted Mrs.McKay. It's been ten years since they bought the house, and her daughter Mary is now having her 16th birthday in this house soon.

"Yeah mom, I'm cleaning it. You can see my room when I'm done", replied Mary. S he wasn't cleaning her room . She was busy figuring out how to open the secret drawer she found the past week.

Feeling tired, she gave up thinking on how to open it. She just decided to grab the vacuum and clean the room. But suddenly she heard a clunking noise. She looked around, puzzled. It didn't take her long to know where the sound is coming from.

As she walked toward the secret drawer, she felt herself sweating profusely. She hasn't seen anything this strange before.

She pulled the drawer open. She saw a ragged dusty old notebook inside. Very curious, she took and read it.

Suddenly she felt a strange eerie presence. But she just ignored it. She continued to read the entries of the notebook she was holding. It was a diary.

But it is no ordinary diary. It has moving pictures in it. While reading, Mary hears screaming voices that comes from nowhere. She is now getting scared. She tried to close the book, but she can't.

"Mommy! Daddy! Where are you guys! Help me!" She shouted with all her might, hoping that somebody would hear her. But all of her efforts were in vain.

Mary threw away the book. She headed for the door. It was locked. She tried and tried, until she destroyed the door. But before Mary realize that it was open, she fell to the floor, unconscious.

"Mommy! Daddy! Where am I? Where's the book? Throw it away! It's bewitched!" Mary didn't realize that she was in the hospital.

"Mary, my child, are you okay? We found you lying unconsciously on the floor. Did somebody attack you when you were in your bedroom? Tell me what's wrong", asked her father.

"Daddy, did you find the notebook? Throw it away! It's bewitched! Where is it?"

"Mary, you need to take a rest. We found no notebook around your room", replied her mother. She can't believe that they don't believe her.

A week after the incident, a priest came into their house. " I know everything about this house. This is owned by the devil. Your child will die if you won't leave this place."

But instead of listening to the old priest, they drove him away.


(One week after the priest's visit)

"Hey Kevin! Got any clues for this deaths?"
"No idea, Craig!"
"What should we do to this case then?"
"I think we should put this in the unsolved folders."
© Copyright 2005 Resshin (mizeriz07 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1017222-The-Consequence