*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1015640-Hiphop-Practice-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Lyrics · Other · #1015640
my second hiphop practice session.
The chorus doesn't feel right. I'm going to re-evaluate what the main EXAMPLE needs to be... how I'm going to encapsulate that in a few lines.

The main example is, anything where someone needs to make a decision, and has to weigh the way they feel in their soul against what they THINK or FEEL IN THEIR GUT (physical instincts/ sensations/ biology/genetics/environment/learning) IS RIGHT. Cuz the senses can fool you. And so can the mind.

Basically the point is, to EXPERIENCE your TRUE EXISTENCE, i.e. deliver to yourself heaven on earth... i.e. be at peace... i.e. find meaning (all equivalent)... (i.e. the meaning of life, read closely!)... in order to find this "holy grail" or "fountain of immortality"... you must open your heart, your mind, and your body to ... to what? To... God, basically, I guess. It's expressed by a certain BRAND of emotions that are PLACED in your consciousness by God... such as the God-inspired thought that God exists at ALL... which, how could we normally think of such a concept, he being beyond comprehension? I don't think we could evolve to think such a thought... God GIFTED us with that realization that there is a God.. and on second thought I'm not sure everyone HAS that gift... maybe just me and some others (note: "some others" could be 5 billion other people for all I know).

So the new chorus will basically say: "When God speaks to me, I hear him." Also known as "I have a conscience." The verses will be my own personal examples of this.

Chorus:
This iiiis what I truly feel
It's noooot what I think -- it's what is real.
It's nooot what they say or what they yell
Or how long they throw me in a cell
It is. what at last remains.
When the reign of God comes and-douses the flames.
Of those who burn the one-thing they need-the-most...
The father, the son, and the holy ghost.

Let's rewrite verse one too. It was pretty lame.
What is going to be the content of verse one? It's going to be an EMOTION filled example from my own life of a decision that needed to be made from the heart-- a life-altering, future-changing decision.

Verse 1:




(Chorus)

Verse 2:
To Be Continued
© Copyright 2005 Coinflip (coinflip at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1015640-Hiphop-Practice-2