*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1012537-The-Polar-Bear-Express
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Animal · #1012537
The story of a solitary wolf and a hunrgy polar bear...
THE POLAR BEAR EXPRESS
By Wolfgang Wolfe

“Of all the places on earth to take a vacation, I pick here!” The Obese wolf yelled as he pressed forward through the rage of the blizzard. The North Pole was a bit obscure, but it was a place he had never been before. The mind numbing temperature wouldn’t have been so bad if there was at least some sort of change in scenery, ice and snow was all that could be seen for miles. If that wasn’t bad enough, most of his equipment had died due to his walking aimlessly for hours without finding any other trace of life. He shivered a bit but kept walking, “next time I decide to go somewhere exotic I will make sure it is warm!” he managed to cough out.
The storm didn’t seem to be getting any better, and he didn’t seem to be getting anywhere fast, so he stopped along the next huge formation of ice that he found. Luckily, there was a decent sized cave carved into one of them and he ducked inside, the howl of the storm heard just outside. He unpacked his materials and set them down, wasting no time in starting a small but satisfying fire. Removing his goggles he set them aside, exposing his soul piercing grey eyes, which now seemed colder than his surroundings. He sneezed a bit and pulled back his hood of his thick coat, his shaggy grey fur blowing a bit from the back draft of the cave. The wind made his ears jump and shiver a bit, but he was beginning to warm up, the extra body fat of his nearly 400lb frame was beginning to do its part. His watch, which was the only thing that still seemed to work, began to beep, letting him know it was getting late.
“Geez, that time already? Time sure does fly when you wander around like a moron. Oh well, better catch some Z’s have to try and find my way back good and early.” He pressed a few buttons on his backpack and it instantly unfolded and inflated into a nice sized be, he curled up atop it, a cover thinly covering him and instantly fell asleep, despite the shrill howl of the wind.
But he was not the only creature left in this torrent…

Despite his ton of blubber and muscle the Polar bear was freezing in this storm. He waddled along, looking for some sort of shelter or warmth for nearly 3 days now and it was beginning to look hopeless. Squinting his eyes he looked out into the distance, seeing a faint but noticeable light not too far ahead. His heart beat a little faster at the thought of warmth and he turned his waddle into a loping run.
Within 20 minutes he had reached the source of the light and was quite out of breath, breathing heavily as he plopped down onto his bulging gut (which wasn’t very far from the ground to begin with) just feet inside the entrance. He closed his eyes for a moment and tried to catch his breath, but just then his nose perked up. There was something else in this cave, something that had possibly started the fire a little deeper within the cave.
He rose after a moment, and padded into the cave a little further, sniffing occasionally to see if he could determine just what else was in there, but this was a foreign though inviting smell. He finally reached the flame and smiled a bit to himself as he felt the warmth, and then his attention was turned to the sleeping creature before him. He sat down heavily on his rump and looked the creature over, leaning down to sniff at it some. It giggled a bit in its sleep which made him jump back, but he waited for it to calm down and continued his investigation. Once he got a good feeling of its scent, he finally proceeded to try and wake it up. He leaned down near its face and tried to wake it up in the fashion he was accustomed to. He gave it a big wet slurp…and it tasted great! His belly rumbled thunderously from his lack off food and he licked his lips to get the taste once more, he leaned down again, licking its cheek slowly, grasping the full taste before a pang of hunger made up his mind for him.
He was going to eat this creature.
He rose once more and situated himself at the head of this creatures resting place and sat, leaning down to sniff his meal once more, the smell alone making him drool with anticipation. Using his powerful paws, he hefted the still sleeping creature up, leaning him against his soft gut. His muzzle opened wide, the warmth of his breath making the wolf stir a little bit, but not enough to make him wake, with one swift movement of the Polar bears paws, his head was being slid into his muzzle. Drool cascaded from his mouth and practically drenched the wolf’s head, but being the heavy sleeper that he was, he didn’t even flinch. The Bears eyes rolled into his head in ecstasy as the large piece of meat in his muzzle inched closer to his gut with the first gulp, his tongue dancing over the exposed fur.
The wolf’s fat was prodded and explored by the bear’s eager paws, estimating how wide his muzzle would have to stretch to take it in, but he seemed to not be having much trouble. He now wished he would’ve removed the wolf’s odd clothing but it did not slow him down the least bit; he gulped vigorously and hungrily as the wolf quickly disappeared into the bear’s huge muzzle. Despite the howling of the storm, a steady GULP, GULP, GLORP, could be heard echoing through the cave. He leaned back a little bit now, biting down some to hold the wolf in place as he used a free paw to rub his enlarged throat. His stomach quickly put him back on track as it growled increasingly louder, almost sensing that a meal far larger than his usual seal was about to enter it. More starved gulps had managed to pull the wolfs large form into his muzzle with minimal trouble, the only trouble the bear encountered was whether he should keep nibbling at the delicious belly in his muzzle or should he continue gulping it down, but once again his belly won out.
After about an hour of nibbling and gulping, only the obese wolves feet hung from his muzzle, he actually took the time to remove the wolves boots, giving the wolves feet a few sloppy licks. Ironically enough, this finally woke the wolf, who instantly realized he wasn’t in the cave anymore…technically. The screams of the wolf annoyed the bear a little, but he gulped him down just the same, the lump in his chest and throat lurched down to his gut and evened it out a bit , making it protrude even more than usual. He rested his paws on it and nuzzled against the wall, a smile creeping onto his muzzle as he felt the struggles inside him, the wobbling of his gut making the meal even better.
But, he knew he had to move and so he did, he rolled over onto his side and rose to all fours, his gut dragging heavily on the floor, full of wolf meat. Reaching the fire which was just feet away, he laid down once more, his belly exposed to the fire. He sighed a bit, knowing he would have to leave in the morning and try to find some other bears, but for now he was full and happy. As for the wolf, he was at least happy to be warm inside the gut of the bear. The polar bear express wasn’t exactly his preferred method of transfer, but it did get him somewhere.

THE END
© Copyright 2005 Wolfgang (bigbadwolfe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1012537-The-Polar-Bear-Express