*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1008834-Chapter-Three-Angelic-Light
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Angel
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · Fantasy · #1008834
Self explanatory..
            - Not a Typical Night-

         Remo and Rey entered the Sinerta Headquarters casually, as if they didn’t have a beautiful nearly naked woman with them.
         It was about three am. The President was probably in his office with his son, the Vice-president and getting ready to go home, only to return to work three hours later to begin another work day.
         Not a word was spoken between them as they took the elevator up to the sixty-second floor. They walked out and proceeded to walk up the remaining twelve flights of stairs, arriving at the top floor. The seventy-fourth floor.
         “Hey Bonnie, is the Pres in?” Remo asked the President’s personal secretary.
         “Yes he is. But..” Her gaze fell on Elise.
         “It’s fine, I’ll take care of it.” A man’s deep voice came from the left of Remo. The man that sat in the chair stood and walked towards them. Even from a distance, one could immediately tell who he was, with his waist-long raven-coloured hair. He wore a dark navy suit, a white undershirt, a dark-coloured-tie, and black shoes, the same as Remo and Rey.
         “Yes sir.” Bonnie replied, and busied herself once more.
         “Well Remo... besides the fact that you are two and almost three..” he added, glancing at his watch, “hours late.. and that you came to the President’s office instead of going to mine... you also brought one of your pets into the building? Right outside the President’s office?”
         “Sorry sir. But the trains were extremely crowded... and Remo has to see the President on a very important matter...” Rey said, his head bowed politely.
         “Ah... I see. But your whore Remo? She’s wearing your jacket...? Can you not find something else, more proper for her to wear?” the Sretnuh’s leader questioned.
         “Uh.. well... Suri.. she’s not mine...”
         “Oh?“
         "Suri, this girl she's... she knows magic."
         “Magic you say?”The use of magic was no common occurrence, but there were a lot of fake calls they were sent to look into, this one was probably the same..  stepping in front of Remo to gaze down at the petite young woman in his arms. He reached down and tilted her head up. “She's pretty... And you.. saw her use magic?"
         “Yes Sir. She stunned the men, and even healed the wound that they gave me.”
         "A name?"
         "...she- well.. no.."
         “Hmmm.. Alright then. Sir Rufus is in with the president now.” he turned and walked to the President's door, with Remo and Rey close behind.
         Suri knocked lightly on the door. "Come in," was the gruff reply.          
         The first thing Remo noticed as he entered was a well-built man who sat at a rather big desk in the middle of the room, his brown hair sloppily hanging just above his temples. He wore a black jacket, and appeared to be wearing black pants as well.
         The second thing Remo noticed was a young man who was sitting in a chair that was positioned to the left-wall. One leg crossed over the other, the young man appeared not to notice the intrusion and his head made no movement from the back of the chair that it currently rested on.
         “... damned paperwork... What now?” the man in black asked grumpily.
         “Sir, Remo says he saw this woman use magic.” Suri said glancing over at the young man in the chair.
         The young man looked up, recognizing the voice as one of importance. The colour of his eyes was easily noticed as bright blue. His hair was nothing like that of his father, for he had strawberry-blonde hair that hung in a beautiful boy-ish cut, trimmed behind his ears with a few bangs.
         He wore a suit that he was consistantly complimented on, the one he always wore. A black turtleneck, covered by a long white trench-coat, and usually, he even wore a white sports-coat on-top of that, which now lay folded neatly in his lap. He also wore long white dress pants, black finger-less gloves and brown boots.
         The young man stood up, and brushed himself off. Placing the jacket back on the chair he walked over to Remo.
         “New pet, Remo?” he asked grinning, even at seventeen he knew of Remo’s “woman” reputation. He reached out to touch her ebony-coloured hair.
         “Vice-president, Sir. You shouldn’t be so close to a-” Suri began.
         “Ah?! What is this!?” the vice-president voiced, pulling his hand away and getting the attention of his father as silver light began to ooze from his finger-tips and vanish into Elise.
         “Rufus..? What...?” the man in black was beginning a question, when he stopped short as the girl in Remo’s arms moaned and opened her dark-coloured-eyes.
         “Anagatha tanta eiton..” she whispered and in a flash had pushed Remo away and fallen to the ground. She caught herself and jumped back up as a small cloud of silver light appeared next to Rufus.
         Elise reached out, and pulled a dagger from the cloud. She reached out again, and before Rufus knew what to do, he was against her chest. She stopped his struggling by placing the dagger’s tip above his heart.
         Rufus looked at Suri helplessly, his eyes pleading, only a second ago Suri was telling him that to move away from her. Everyone’s attention was now on Elise, whose eyes were now darting between them, as a frightened deer’s.
         Remo having been the only one who had actually talked to her, thought that he would try again.
         “Don’t hurt him... you don’t want to hurt Rufus do you?” he asked, taking a step forward.
         “Hurt... Rufus.. “ she responded. And after what seemed an eternity, she slowly brought the dagger down and let it fall. But to the surprise of everyone, it did not “clank” on the un-carpeted floor, but rather disappeared straight through it.
         Everyone gaped at the sight.
         “An illusion...?” guessed Rufus, forgetting the fact that someone had just made an attempt on his life.
         “Rufus... come here.” Suri gestured for the boy to move away from the woman who had just tried to kill him.
         Rufus walked to Suri and gave the bodyguard his best “I’m fine, don’t worry,” smile as Suri placed himself protectively between Rufus and the magic-user.
         “Well Remo, I think we should discuss your friend...” the President commented, looking at her. Her shoulders hung low, and staring at the floor she looked pathetic. Nothing to suggest that she had just tried to kill the vice-president of the most influential company in the world. And nothing to suggest she was anymore of a threat.
         “That was magic... who did you learn it from?” he asked.
         Elise shook her head slightly, as if not understanding, or refusing to answer his question.
         “Who are your parents?”
         She shook her head again.
         “Come now, you must know something. What is your name?”
         She looked around, catching Rufus's eyes, she held them with her own.
         “And... how old are you?” he asked
         No answer.
         “Where were you born?”
         She continued to stare at Rufus, as if she wanted to say something..
         “Do you even know-”
         “She doesn’t understand,” someone interrupted.
         The President turned to glare at his son.
         “Excuse me?”
         “She doesn’t understand,” he repeated firmly. “ Look at her, she looks like a.. a child. I mean she looks like a model, but she has the knowledge of a child... she seems so innocent... at least thats the feeling I get from her...” If Rufus had been an untrained and immature teenager, then they would have brushed his comment away, however he was not untrained, nor was he immature.  His short once or twice a year training sessions with Lythadane had seemed to do some good, for his “feelings” were usually right.
         “She looks like a high-paid, early twenty-year old super model. I think she’s smarter than she’s leading us on to be.” The President argued.
         “Well! Either way, I’ll look after our model ‘til we find out who she really is...” Remo interrupted, not wanting to be there all night.
         “Why you?” Rufus asked, letting his gaze fall over her body.
         “Because we wouldn’t want another episode of what just happened here...” The vice-president’s body-guard Suri put-in. And you’re too young to have a woman sleep over,” he added almost as an afterthought.
         “Suri...” Rufus groaned.
         “Remo, I want a report filed on your mission, the murderers?”
         “Yes sir. “ Remo replied.
         “Report to my office promptly tomorrow morning at five.”
         “Yes sir.” Remo knew a dismissal when he heard it.. and took Elise’s shoulders in his hands and led her out.
         “This is going to be some sleep-over...” they heard him mumble.
         “Do you think she really knows magic?” Rufus asked.
         “It sure seems like it. Though it is very unusual...” Suri nodded.
         “Someone should check in on them sometime tonight?” Rufus glanced at his watch. Eleven-thirty. “Or sometime tomorrow morning, Suri?” he looked to his personal body-guard.
         “All of my Srets are busy until at least noon tomorrow..”
         “Rey?”
         “He has a mission already lined up with Alaina... but I’m here until eight. I could-”
         “No Suri. You are fine. They will be fine. Remo can handle himself. Rufus just worries for the woman’s safety. You should go, I imagine you have plenty of paperwork to catch up on...” The President cut in almost hastily.
         "Rey could take Sir Rufus home, if you want to." Suri looked at Rufus.
         "Sur-"
         "He can't go home yet. There's still more work to be done. I'll make sure he gets home once he is finished with his work." The President was quick to respond.
         Suri nodded- if he had learned anything in this job, it was that you don’t argue with the higher-ups no matter how much you disagree..  signaling to Rey, the two Srets walked out of the President’s office.
         “You forget your place boy.. the Sretnuh’s are not yours, but mine..”

~~Wasn't bad... I like the Sretnuhs and Rufus so of course I’d like this chapter! This is the best chapter so far though!
© Copyright 2005 Angel (angel2037 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1008834-Chapter-Three-Angelic-Light