*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1000995-Letting-You-Go
Rated: 18+ · Poetry · Adult · #1000995
I had to let this guy go because he was searching for his own path in life.
I'm letting you go because there's someone else.
What can I say I'm trying to better myself.
All in all I've waited for you to decide but
I've waited to long and there's just not alot of
time left for you in my life.

It wasn't easy but it's just what I have to do.
I can't just sit here and "wait" for you.
As much as I love you I want more out of life.
I'm ready to be someone else's wife.
I lost you a long time ago and I'll never forget
what we had though.

So goodbye I hope you find a deeper meaning in
life. I tried to be there to support your tribulations and triumphs now it's my turn to fight for what's right. I can't really hate you
for putting yourself first. I just wish you would have told me sooner instead of being a jerk.

It's going to be hard not to look back, but I
guess that's what I get because loving me is something you'll always lack. A part of me says thank you for opening up a piece of me inside. I'll never be the same again even if I tried.

Maybe this is the way it was meant to be...You there and me finally being miserably happy. I tried to make the best of what we had, so for whatever it's worth most of my memories of us weren't so bad.

I just need to say goodbye just as long as I know you'll be my friend. Because I'd still like you to be apart of my life even if our relationship has come to an end.
© Copyright 2005 Mystical (mystical04 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1000995-Letting-You-Go