*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Prologue I. The bells of kingslanding
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2304602-Game-of-Thrones-A-Song-of-Possession/cid/T382KK62D-Prologue-I-The-bells-of-kingslanding
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Adult · #2304602
Westeros is a world of unknown magic, such as possessions, bodyswaps and transformations.
Chapter #1

Prologue I. The bells of kingslanding

    by: AlexanderTheMediocre
The bells around Kingslanding sounded, the distinct sound of centuries old bells could be heard all the way from Visenya's hill to flea bottom. From ladies of the court, to craftsman and merchants in the docks everyone knew what it meant. The King has passed. Robert Baratheon, once the mighty lord of the Stormlands who overthrew the Targaryen dynasty had succumbed to his wounds. He had ruled the kingdom for seventeen years, at least, his hand and council managed the kingdom while Robert was out drinking and whoring. Now everything would change. It is rumored around the city that the hand had tried to orchestrate a coup against the young King Joffrey.

The king's two younger brothers have both abandoned the city. Lord Stannis has been in his keep on Dragonstone, having taken the royal fleet and spending increasing time with the red lady, Melisandre, and her fiery eastern religion. The youngest of the Baratheon brothers, the charming Renly who has been the Lord of the Stormlands since his brother assented to the Iron Throne. Royal scouts have seen him and his personal retinue riding south with haste, in all likelihood planning his course of action in these troubled times.

In the east the young Targaryen heirs still roam around, the ones Robert couldn't get too that is. Reports have come from the east that the princess married a mighty horse lord from a Dothraki callisar, and her brother is set on crossing the narrow sea back to their homeland. Loyalist can still be found around the kingdoms, especially in Dorne.

In the red keep Queen Cersei, the pride and beauty of the Lannisters, has secured the place of her son as the rightful heir, while Tywin and Jamie are raging war in the Riverlands after the capture of Tyrion the Imp by Lysa Arryn.

In the North the Starks are furious due to the wrongful and sudden imprisonment of their lord-father. Even Jon is questioning if he should ride south back from the Wall after word reached him. As long as the Starks stick together the pack survives but they seem further apart than ever.

Who's story is this?

You have the following choices:

1. House Stark

2. House Lannister

3. House Targaryen

4. House Baratheon

5. Other

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 AlexanderTheMediocre (UN: alexander207 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
AlexanderTheMediocre has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2304602-Game-of-Thrones-A-Song-of-Possession/cid/T382KK62D-Prologue-I-The-bells-of-kingslanding