*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. The First Day of the Rest of our Lives
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2241079-Clothes-Make-The-Person/cid/2968769-The-First-Day-of-the-Rest-of-our-Lives
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: GC · Interactive · Romance/Love · #2241079
A husband and wife discover they can become other people by wearing their clothing.
Chapter #1

The First Day of the Rest of our Lives

    by: Secretly_Soft
"Hey Lisa, are these your socks?" I say, looking at the odd pair of socks in the basket, I was in the bedroom, folding laundry, and was down to the last few pairs of socks.

"No clue, maybe someone left them in the dryer before we used it?" She responded, walking into the room, which wouldn't be too far fetched, we did live in an apartment complex with a shared laundry room.

"Well, free socks I guess!" I mused to myself, pulling them closer to inspect. They looked like a woman's crew cut socks, white, but with light blue stitching accents, and blue the ends of them where the toes would go.

Jokingly I pulled my own socks off and slid the unknown socks over my own feet, noticing that I stretched them a bit, and then showed them off to Lisa.

"Well, I think they might be your new free socks, they seem a little to small-"

Suddenly I felt a weird sensation in my feet as they began to shrink down, becoming much smaller than before.

Both Lisa and I gasped, clearly she had noticed as well, but I was in more shock as it had happened to me.

"What the fuck just happened to your feet?!" She said, looking in awe at them.

"I don't know, I just put them on and they changed..." I began taking them off to reveal I now had a cute pair of small feet, complete with the toenails painted a soft purple. I wiggled them and they felt normal, but foreign at the same time.

"How did this happen, you just put on the socks, then suddenly had feminine, dainty feet?" She asked me, still extremely curious about my situation.

"Yeah, I didn't do anything else, it makes no sense!" I replied now standing up on my new, softer feet.

"Hmm, maybe they'll go back to normal if you put your own socks on?" She said, grabbing a pair out of the laundry basket, and tossing them to me, then picking up the strange socks and trying them on herself. I Slid on the pair she tossed to me, and watched as my feet began to grow again, returning to normal. I pulled to socks off to see my feet were indeed normal again, with no nail polish, only to see Lisa staring in awe at her own feet with the socks on.

"Oh my God" she said quietly, taking the socks off, revealing the same feet I had moments ago, but now on herself. She quickly put her own socks back on, then took them off, revealing hers had returned to normal as well.

"Hang on, is it these socks in particular, or us? Give me your socks" she said, tossing hers at me. We began to pull each other's on, and I felt the tingling sensation again, feeling my feet shrink, no longer stretching the black and purple socks she had tossed to me.

"Looks like it's us?" I said, looking at her, as she looked at me with intrigue.

"Hmm, I wonder..."
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Secretly_Soft (UN: secretlysoft at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Secretly_Soft has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2241079-Clothes-Make-The-Person/cid/2968769-The-First-Day-of-the-Rest-of-our-Lives