*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2211386-On-Becoming-a-Body-Hopper
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Fatty
Rated: E · Interactive · Other · #2211386
Your name is Max and your parents inform you that you have the power to body hop.

Your name is Max and your parents inform you that you have the power to body hop.

This is an interactive story. Each chapter tells part of the story and often ends with multiple choices. Make a choice and move to the next chapter in your story. When you reach a chapter that hasn't been written yet, don't be shy... make an addition!
The creator of this Interactive Story provides this information and guidance:
My name is Max and not too long ago, that was it. It all began when my parents told me what I really was. You see, I grew up most of my life thinking my parents were, well, my parents. You know, I thought they were just the same people, and not other people. You get me? Ok, I know that was pretty confusing.
Let’s start from the beginning.
When I woke up this morning, I didn’t remember it was birthday, so I was pretty surprised to see my parents greeting me to a big breakfast in bed.
“Oh woah, what’s this for?” I asked,
“It’s your birthday, silly! Eat up, cause we have a huge surprise for ya!” my Dad said, happily, while my Mom stood next to him, calm and smiling.
It was kinda strange that it was my Dad who was excitable, since that was distinctly something my Mom did. But at least for me, it was not the first time it happened. I guessed they were just strange people.
After getting ready for school, I found them downstairs, the two happier than they normally were.
“Alright, so what’s the big surprise,” I asked, rubbing my temple from being woken up.
“So… have you ever noticed something weird from your Dad and I?” asked my Dad, though I didn’t notice.
“Uh, I don’t know, you guys met in High School?”
Mom sighed, “See Honey, I told you he wouldn’t get it, why don’t we just tell him straight up?”
“Ugh, alright. Son, your Dad and I, and yes I mean Dad, have the ability to swap bodies with people. Right now, he and I are switched. Like, I’m actually Mom in Dad’s body, and he’s actually Dad in mine. Does that make sense? I know it’s a little weird.”
I looked at both of them expecting them to laugh.
“Is this a joke? Like are you guys trying to trick me? I’m not that stupid you know.”
Mom’s body shook her head, “Well, looks like you are Son, here, grab my hand.”
“What, for what?”
“We’re swapping. Right now. Only way you’ll believe us.”
I had to admit, Mom was doing a good job of acting like Dad. Actually both of them were.
“No, you guys are just gonna laugh and say how gullible I am.”
Mom’s body threw her hands in the air, “I can’t with this kid, why can’t he just believe us!”
Dad’s body just looked at me, “Look son, your Dad has been looking forward to this for weeks. Just give it a shot.”
They were really going all out for this.
“Alright, fine ‘Dad,’ I’ll play your silly little game,” I said laughing, “Just don’t say I was tricked cause I wasn’t. I’m only doing this to humor you guys.”
Mom’s body extended her hand, “Ok, now hold on. You have to be willing, so just… do that. Imagine yourself in here.”
I thought about Mom’s body, in a way I never really had before. She was slim, and was already showing some smile wrinkles around her eyes. She had short black hair, and olive skin. Today she was dressed in an orange shirt, with small ruffled sleeves and a little cleavage showing. Concealing her legs were her famous Mom jeans, stylish, but not too much. I tried to imagine wearing her clothes, using her skinny fingers, having short, black hair…
I felt my senses dulling, slowly, as if my senses were fading away and leaving only my consciousness. Then, I felt again, but not as myself. The shift in weight caught me off guard, and I had to grab on to the table behind me just to manage.
“Whu-uh” I started, but then was confused by the sound. Was that really my voice?
“Whu-What the FUCK!” I yelled, my mother’s voice coming out of my mouth.
“I, why” I sounded like her, I had her arms, her legs, the fabric of her clothing was covered in the same places I had seen before. And I, I was standing right in front of me. Somehow. It was like a mirror, but it wasn’t following my own movements, but moving independently.
“Ok, son, you gotta calm down” said Dad’s body, his large arms around me, “you’re making me look crazy! I didn’t wake up with well made hair, you know!”
I turned to look at my Dad. His smile looked exactly like Mom’s, his eyes had the music always in her eyes,
“M-Mom?” I whimpered.
“Yes!” said Mom, her manly arms raised in excitement, “Now you’re getting it.”
I looked at my own body, now prodding itself and jumping.
“Dad?”
He looked over, “Yes, of course. Man, it feels so good to be young again. So much energy in each movement. How does it feel being Mom, kid?”
I looked down at myself. It was so strange looking down and not seeing the usual. The ground was so much closer now, my arms reacted to every movement. Her breasts captured most of my vision, the cleavage a lot larger from this point of view. I could see part of her bra under her orange shirt, and under all of it, her jeans, her feet. It felt so close, yet just the right distance. I had her kitten heels on. I felt them on my foreign feet, her shirt opened to my chest, now a completely different. And then there was the most obvious difference. You would think that not having a penis would feel empty, but it doesn’t. My body doesn’t expect there to be one, and what’s actually there is signaling completely different motions and processes. It was so natural, and so alien.
“I… don’t wanna talk about it,” I said finally, still not used to my new voice, “Can we swap back now?”
Dad groaned, “You just learned you can swap bodies and you wanna swap back already?”
I hadn’t even considered that.
“Wait,” I said, “I can do this shit too?”
“Of course, why would we show you this if you couldn’t do it as well?”
“I- how?”
Dad, raised his arm, “Now you’re swapping us. That’s how I’ll teach you.”
Mom, looked at him, “Now John, you don’t want to rush it,”
“Why not? I can tell he wants to use it himself, and this is the best way for him to learn. Right, buster?”
“Yeah,” I said, “How do I do it?”
“Grab my arm.” I grabbed it.
“Now, this one’s a bit harder. Here’s how it’s going to work. You’re going to push me out of this body, and once I’m detached, you’re going to separate from your body, push me into your body, then throw yourself back in your body. Make sense?”
“Yeah… but how.”
Dad smiled, which looked strange coming from my own body.
“Remember when you imagined yourself in your mom’s body? What I was doing there was preparing your essence to both separate itself from your own body, and prime itself for your mom’s. Had one of those two things been missing, and I wouldn’t have been able to complete the swap. Essentially you have to do the same thing, as does your partner. However, you have an extra step as a swapper.”
“Yup, yup” said his Mom,
Dad looked over at his own body, as if he were annoyed, “I love you, honey.” he said.
“I love you too, dear,”
Seeing myself and my dad interact this way, I shook my head, “Can you guys not?”
“Anyways, once you both are primed, a swap is possible. Now comes in something you have, that very few in the world know. You then, de-anchor yourself, and sort of allow yourself to float into the other body. This you’ve done before, and ended up in very strange situations which your mother and I had to get you out of. When you were little you did it as you were awake and as you grew up, in your sleep.”
“Sometimes, you did it with the neighbors, which ended up being a really big problem,” Mom pointed out.
“Yes, honey, thank you. Here comes the hard part. If you simply swapped and left the other body anchored to the original body, that is, the body you’re inhabiting, then what you get is two people inhabiting the same body, which can lead to funny situations but is not what you want. Before entering the other body, you have to de-anchor them, and since they’re primed, they’ll float easily into their new body. From there, you can just float into your new body.”
“Ok, so how do I de-anchor or whatever.”
“It’s fairly hard. You have to get your consciousness to break from your body. As you are now, most of your consciousness is being hit with signals from your brain. That includes your mental voice. If you’ll notice, your inner voice sounds not like your own anymore, but like your mother’s.”
He was right. I hadn’t noticed it until now, but everything I thought had my mother’s tinge to it, including her voice. Oh dear, whatever shall I do? I thought, chuckling at hearing it.
“Anyways, what you want is to think of nothing at all. Remove that voice, remove what you’re feeling. Understand you are separate. This, of course, takes intense focus, but if done correctly, you should find yourself seeing, hearing, touching, smelling nothing, but feeling the essences of people around you. Once there, you should see an essence that feels precisely like me, attached to a non-essence. What you’re going to do is sort of get in between the non-essence and myself, and push on what’s connecting it until it breaks. Once that’s done, just fly into your new body and you’ll be good.”
Ok, I thought, simple enough.
“Remember, it’ll be easier if you think of one word. The one I use is rock. Just keep repeating it and then once you can think of nothing else, throw it away.”
“Mine’s is dog!”
“Thanks, honey. Ready?”
I looked down at my mom’s body again. After only a few minutes, it did sort of feel like home. I was going to miss it.
“Ready.” I said, determined.
I did just that, forcing myself to think of nothing.
“Remember, throw away every thought, think of nothing!” said Mom,
“Honey, he’ll have a harder time if we’re just talking all the time.”
“Right. Sorry.”
Nothing. Nothing. Nothing. I thought angrily, as random thoughts of school papers, came into my head, NOTHING, NOTHING, NOTHING, Jeff was saying Hi now, and then he shifted into a Space Wars villain, NOTHING, NOTHING, NOTHING, and again I thought of her, of Cate. I thought of her thighs around me, her smile, her long brown hair. NOTHING, NOTHING, NOTHING.
After some time, I finally had nothing. I couldn’t see, hear, do anything. But in front of me, if I could even judge relative distances now, was, what I could only describe as my Dad. It felt like him, like what I felt inside when I was around him. That cold feeling that came over me when I disappointed him, that kind smile every time I saw him. His anger at the football game going badly. His cooking, his shoes. Everything that was my Dad was there.
That’s it, I thought, my inner voice indescribably mine, but not what it was when I spoke.
I noticed a tether between my Dad’s essence and my own, connected to another feeling, this one much less spiritual. This one felt like my feet and my hands, the pimples and the short black hair. The sweat on my palms.
I got in between the two, forcing, jamming, forcing, but as I began imagining what it was like to be in my own body, I began to be pulled towards myself. Slowly but surely, I was going away. I felt something snap and then…
“Wha-?” I started. I could smell again, feel. My sneakers were on, and they felt greasy.
“Woah… It’s great to be me again.” I said, rubbing at my temple. It felt strange having a man-hand again. And I didn’t have breasts anymore, nothing was holding them up, my chest was just empty. Most alien was the hardening of a member down below.
“Oh, wow,” I heard myself say.
“Yeah, just give it time.” said my Dad, brushing my Mom’s hair out of his face. “You’ll need to get used to your body again. Some traces of the old body always get stuck in your head. You just didn’t notice it the first time cause you’ve always been you, so yeah.”
“How was it honey?” asked Mom, clapping.
“Weird,” I said, getting used to my voice again, “Fuck I’m going to be late to class!”
“Better hurry. Don’t worry about time, we’ll teach you more afterward.”
“Cool,” I said, reaching over for my keys, “I guess I’ll wait until then.”
“One last thing there,.” said Dad, “I’d be crazy if I didn’t expect you to try swapping when you get to school, so just a warning about swapping with non-hoppers, and swapping in general.”
“Unless you let them know, they won’t actually know they’re in a different body, since their minds are made for being in only one. They’ll actually think they’re the new person, but they’ll also act and think like they did before. If you don’t want that to happen, you have to tell them and prime them for it. Got that?”
“Yeah, I think so, though I wasn’t thinking about swapping anyways.”
“Yeah, sure you weren’t. Just don’t go too crazy. A few swaps won’t raise any suspicions, but… There are certain dangers associated with being a hopper. See, there’s what we call hopper-hunters, families of people who have been hunting us for centuries. Some of them think we’re ghosts, some of them skinwalkers, whatever. I picked this town to have you in because I knew it was safe, but it’s still something you should be aware of. ”
Now that was kinda scary. Someone who thought I was some kind of monster?
“Okay, anything else?”
“Nothing for now, see you later.”
“Bye!!”
IMPORTANT NOTICE and DISCLAIMER: The content in this story has been rated E. However, since this story is created by members, Writing.Com can not control the content within it. As with any item on Writing.Com, the content rating MAY or MAY NOT be accurate and the site makes no guarantees as to the accuracy. Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates will not be held responsible for the content within this interactive story. Posters accept all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content they've uploaded / submitted / posted on Writing.Com.
Please assume this story MAY contain graphic language, sexually explicit text, violence and/or any other displeasing topic you can or can't think up! To be certain you don't encounter textual content that may be offensive, you should leave this area and not continue on within this item.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2211386-On-Becoming-a-Body-Hopper