*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2197561-Fire-Emblem-Three-Houses-Size-Story/cid/2708077-Ill-See-Myself-Out
by Frost
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fanfiction · #2197561
Size stories featuring the characters from Fire Emblem: Three Houses
This choice: Feeding time comes, and Edelgard launches another escape plan.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #8

I'll See Myself Out

    by: JackInTheirBox
(Mild spoilers for Edelgard's backstory / C Support conversation with Byleth.)

*


Bernadetta watched the furious princess banging at the walls of their glass prison. Bernie earnestly wished that the two could trade places, envying the utter safety and solitude the jar must grant, but alas, she didn't think Edelgard was nearly as appreciative of their new home.

"D-Don't worry! I'll... I'll go get you some food! I bet you'll feel better on a full stomach, right? No need to have me killed when you've had a nice meal, right?!" Bernadetta gave a laugh that was more than a bit hysterical as she slowly backed away from the jar, as if she figured it might explode into broken shards and royal rage at any moment. When it seemed evident enough that Edelgard's tiny form couldn't break the glass, Bernadetta whimpered and quickly fled her room, fleeing to the greenhouse to poach what stray seeds and vegetables that she could find. She was in such a hurry that she even left the door slightly ajar (which only served to taunt her prisoner further.)

Edelgard was left alone, gritting her teeth with frustration as her fists began to ache with each pound on the glass. She knew that Bernadetta could be irrational at times, but this was simply unbearable. How was she going to return to her duties and her ambitions when she was merely an ornament on a shelf? She had no doubt that Hubert would be persistent enough to search the whole of the monastery grounds for his missing lady once he discovered her disappearance, but there was no telling when that could be. Besides, there was a good chance he might have Bernadetta assassinated for her actions, and while Edelgard had more than a few choice words to share with the archer, she'd prefer to avoid such an incident.

The shrunken princess peered around the room, searching for anything that might assist her in an escape before Bernadetta returned. The girl's room had several items of interest, from the stuffed animals huddled together on the bed to the mountain of borrowed books leering on the high shelf nearby. The surface of the desk even housed a few leftover snacks, some writing implements and Bernadetta's bow. However, everything was inevitably out of her reach.

Edelgard clenched her fists tight, the fingers sinking into the skin. To be trapped like a rat, away from the sun, powerless... She had promised herself that she would never feel like this again.

In desperation, Edelgard eyed the edge of the desk. It wasn't too far from where Bernadetta had placed the jar - just far enough that, if Edelgard stood on the tips of her toes and pressed up against the glass, she could barely peer over the edge. It was a nauseating distance to the floor below, but perhaps...

It was a slim chance at escape or who knows how long as a pet. Edelgard made her choice, taking what few steps back that she could in her confined space. She steeled herself and then ran forward, tackling the jar's front wall with her right shoulder. A throbbing pain bled through her arm on impact, but her plan was working - the jar had inched ever-so-slightly forward with the force of her slam. It would take several more, but she could make it to the edge. The princess repeated her attack on the glass, over and over. Each tackle inched her closer to victory, but in turn, the pain in her arm rose each time. Soon enough, her right arm seemed fit to snap, yet she wouldn't relent as she switched to the left and continued her assault.

Eventually, even as both of her arms were numb and aching, the jar teetered on the edge of the desk. The princess took a deep breath, and with a battle cry, she launched herself at the wall one more time. Gravity took hold as the jar fell overboard to the floor below, with its prisoner plummeting along with it...
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 JackInTheirBox (UN: slipstream at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Frost has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2197561-Fire-Emblem-Three-Houses-Size-Story/cid/2708077-Ill-See-Myself-Out