*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2161036-Fire-Emblem-SW/cid/2681779-Infiltrating-the-manor
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Erotica · #2161036
SW story based on the excellent strategy/role-playing games
This choice: Help the abbot  •  Go Back...
Chapter #9

Infiltrating the manor

    by: Arnsley
Nolan didn't take the choice lightly, stroking his beard while he thought for a few moments before coming up with an answer.
"We'll help." He decided.
"Are you sure you don't mind?" Laura asked, cautiously optimistic.
"Of course!" Edward bellowed, nudging Sothe. "Right Sothe?"
"Danger is part of our work, I guess." He grudgingly conceded. "We'll do it."
"That's right." Leonardo agreed, "But we'll get you the medicine."
"Oh, thank you so much!" Laura clasped her hands together, nearly jumping for joy.
"You can thanks us when we're done." Nolan said. "Now let's get going!"
Sothe sighed. He looked down into his hand, to see the tiny Micaiah looking up at him. She beamed at him when her gaze met his. He smiled back at the little woman, despite his mood.
Even when she's so small, she always gets what she wants...

"Here we are!" Laura announced after a short march.
"Whoa, it's pretty big!" Edward marveled.
I'm sure it looks bigger to me... Micaiah thought.
She looked up to the giant that held her. "Sothe, do you know the layout of this manor?"
Sothe nodded. "I was here years ago. As I remember, there's a large armory tucked deep inside the building. And if I understand correctly, Begnion soldiers guard valuables they've stolen, from rare objects to supplies, in that armory."
"Then the medicine will be there too." Micaiah nodded.
Maybe there will be something that can turn Micaiah back to normal... Sothe hoped.
"Do we have a plan?" Leonardo asked.
"Let's send Sothe around the back of the manor." Nolan suggested. "He can unlock the armory and let us in. In the meantime, the rest of us distract the guards. How does that sound?"
"Awesome!" Edward cheered. "I can't wait to fight some more of those Begnion soldiers!"
"That should work." Leonardo agreed. "But what do we do about Micaiah?"
"Oh, of course..." Micaiah said, downcast. In all of the excitement, she had almost forgot she had become far too small to fight.
"She'll stick with me." Sothe said. "I should encounter the least trouble out of all of us."
"All right." Nolan nodded.
"I can help, too!" Laura spoke up. "I can't fight, but I can heal your wounds!"
"You can come with us then." Nolan said. "Right then, let's get this done!"

Sothe moved through the courtyard, moving towards the side of the manor. There were guards posted outside, but he was still confident he could make it past them undetected.
"I'm sorry, Sothe..." A tiny voice spoke from his hand.
Crouching down beside a wall, he looked to the mini Micaiah.
"What's the matter?" He asked.
"I'm just slowing you down. Maybe I should have gone with the others." She said.
"No, you're safest with me." He replied. It would be better if I could use both of my hands, though...
He raised his hand, bringing Micaiah close to his neck.
"Sothe? What are you doing?" Micaiah asked, confused.
"You should stay near my neck." Sothe suggested. "Hang onto my scarf. You'll be safer there."
"A-all right." Micaiah nodded. She hopped down, the neck of Sothe's massive scarf affording her a soft landing.
As she shuffled into position, her long hair tickled Sothe's neck. He remained still, until he heard from his tiny companion.
"I've found a good spot." Micaiah said. "You can move now!"
"Good." He peeked over the wall, seeing the way was clear. Micaiah decided to sit tight and watch. She was about to see Sothe's skills up close...

Sothe moved quickly, but cautiously. Slipping past the guard, he took cover behind a hedgerow. Ahead there was another soldier, patrolling the path.
I don't see how he'll get past this guard. Micaiah thought. He'll probably have to be taken out...
Micaiah wasn't too keen on violence, but understood that it was often necessary. Probably not a worry for her right now though. She certainly couldn't do much to anyone in her current state, smaller than a finger. Instead she would have to rely on others to do all of the work. In many ways, that was worse than her having to do the deed herself. All she could do now was bear witness to Sothe's way of dealing with enemies.
Sothe closed in. Micaiah winced, not wanting to see what happened next. There was little blood shed when taking down enemies with magic, but knives were a completely different story. Sothe moved closer, a single meter away from the soldier...
Only for him to jump over a nearby wall. He landed at a corner of the brick structure, covering his position from multiple directions.
It took Micaiah a moment to register what had happened. She was still right beside Sothe's neck, having clung onto his scarf for dear life. The acrobatics he had pulled off had dizzied the tiny woman.
I didn't know he could do that! She thought. When did he learn how? During the war?
Micaiah breathed a sigh of relief. She had been spared the sight of the soldier being killed. At her current size, that would no doubt have been traumatizing.
Did Sothe avoid killing that guard because he knew I was here? She wondered.
"Are you all right, Micaiah?" Sothe whispered, having heard her little gasps.
"Yes, I'm fine." Micaiah replied. "Don't worry about me."
"Good." He silently followed the wall, staying close to the side.

Sothe continued through the garden, evading more soldiers. He eventually came across something much more difficult to deal with, however- two guards stationed in front of the doorway he needed to get through.
"They're in the way." He informed Micaiah in a hushed voice. "No way of getting past them."
"So then... What will you do?" Micaiah asked.
"We need another way inside." Sothe said. "Or perhaps some sort of distraction."
"I see." Micaiah nodded, thinking.
"Hey! You two!"
For a moment, Micaiah froze. Had they been seen?
Sothe pulled back, hearing footsteps from down another path. The two guards looked towards the new arrival. He was a soldier clad in the Begnion colors, like the other guards.
"Intruders!" He gasped at his colleagues. "Burglars have broken into the manor!"
"What? We have intruders?" One guard asked, not quite believing his ears.
"Yes! We need help!" The man said. "Come quickly!"
He motioned over into the distance, to the right of where Sothe hid. "You come along too!"
The two guards followed as the man staggered over towards the front of the house. A third followed, running to catch up with the others.

"The others." Micaiah realized. "The plan is working!"
"Yeah." Sothe nodded.
Relief washed over Micaiah. For a moment, she thought she and Sothe had been spotted.
I'm far too small to be seen, though... she thought. They would only have seen Sothe. I shouldn't have worried after all...

Sothe approached the door. He crouched down, hesitating.
"What's wrong?" Micaiah asked, noticing his pause.
"I'm listening." He said. "There could be more of them on the other side of this door."
"Oh, I see." Micaiah squeaked.
"There's no way of knowing for sure, though." He revealed. "Often a gamble opening a door like this."
"Hmm..." Micaiah thought for a moment. If only there were a safer way...
"Ah! I know!" She said. "I could go under the door and scout for you!"
"What? No way!" Sothe protested. "That's way too dangerous!"
"I'll be fine!" Micaiah argued. "I won't be seen! I'm far too small for that!"
"Yeah, but what if you are?" Sothe retorted. "You'll be caught easily!"
"No I won't!" Micaiah asserted. "I'll be quick! Too fast to be seen!"
Sothe sighed. He would normally go with whatever Micaiah said, but was worried for her safety. Although she was normally in charge, it was really would be his decision as to whether he allowed Micaiah to go in first. As he thought it over, Micaiah gazed up at him.
Those puppy dog eyes... He thought. Always hard to resist. But I might know best this time...

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. Sothe sends in Micaiah

2. Sothe decides to open the door

*Noteb*
3. Their little argument has alerted the guards!

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Arnsley (UN: arnsden at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kooplan has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2161036-Fire-Emblem-SW/cid/2681779-Infiltrating-the-manor