*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2105407-Monster-Boy-Feet/cid/2875125-You-cannot-fall-back-asleep-MP--5
by Kamu
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #2105407
Get dominated by monster boys and their feet!
This choice: You cannot fall back asleep (MP -5)  •  Go Back...
Chapter #6

You cannot fall back asleep (MP -5)

    by: Unknown
You stow your pendant and lie down on your bedroll. For a time, you stare up into the cloudy night's darkness. You feel the exhaustion of your day of travel setting in, but each time you begin to doze, your mind conjures up images of your loved ones being tortured at the feet of monsters. The inability to sleep makes you frustrated and irritable. Weariness fogs your mind, yet you resolve to resume your travels. (MP -5)

After you pack up, you pull your pendant out of its pouch and begin to travel by its light; its just bright enough to follow the road. You grumble at your slow passage through the dark. Every mile is hard won and much more perilous than it would be during the day. You're fully aware that sleep would be a much better use of your time, but thinking about it only makes you more frustrated for what you've lost. One more casualty of the monsters. (MP -1)

Your plodding travels are interrupted when you hear the sound of wings in the dark. You cannot see the source of the sound, but you can tell that the unseen wings belong to something bigger than any birds native to these mountains. You draw your steel rod to prepare for a fight and reach for your ancestral pendant.


Current Status:
MP: 91/100. (5 can be regained from restful sleep. )
Gold: 0

Inventory/Equipment:
Steel Rod
Makeshift Face Mask
Traveler's Clothes
Traveler's Boots
Glowing Pendant - - Grants 50 MP if your MP would hit 0.

You have the following choices:

1. Hold the glowing pendant aloft for light.

2. Stow the pendant somewhere safer.

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024. All rights reserved.
Kamu has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2105407-Monster-Boy-Feet/cid/2875125-You-cannot-fall-back-asleep-MP--5