*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1969497-The-Magic-Pencil-By-Dayaman/cid/UH4PVTBYN-Bruce-and-friends-hear-about-Governor-Cooper
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Supernatural · #1969497
You find a pencil that can draw and erase not only drawings, but reality.
This choice: Bruce and friends hear about Governor Cooper's announcement.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #82

Bruce and friends hear about Governor Cooper...

    by: TPDSMCH
Some time later, Bruce and his friends had gathered at his house celebrating their city's new status when a breaking news report emerged.

"We have just been informed by the Governor's office of a development in the career of our state leader," the dog-headed news anchor said, "Governor Cooper today declared his candidacy for the office of President of the United States. He made the announcement on both his personal social media and on the social media of the Governor's office, with statements being made to state and national media. We take you live to the state capitol, where he is to detail his campaign and his intentions as President."

The television feed changed to the image of Governor Cooper standing on the plinth of the state capitol with his wife Gracie and his pets by his side. Cooper spoke about making the decision to move on to the White House having done a lot for his own state, including the accession of its newest city. He vowed he would tackle many of the issues affecting America effectively, including tax issues, healthcare issues, et cetera. He finished by saying he hoped to make America better after four years than it was when he entered.

"That's exciting," Bruce commented, "With him having elevated our city I don't doubt he'll try to elevate one of America's territories to statehood."

"You mean bring Puerto Rico in the union?" Alanna asked. "There's a sizeable campaign there for statehood, you know."

"Yeah, the statehood lobby there will be happy to have someone like him elevate the territory," Perdita said, "I'm one 8th Puerto Rican myself, so I'd be eager to see them enter the American family. My extended family there will be also be happy about that."

"I'd say statehood would be a huge boon to Puerto Rico," Frankie said.

"And Guam," Zeke added.

"And American Samoa," Sammy added.

"And the US Virgin Islands," Candace added.

"And the Northern Mariana Islands," Elton added.

"Well, what are we waiting for?" Bruce said.
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 TPDSMCH (UN: tpds at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Lord Robbie - We got this! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1969497-The-Magic-Pencil-By-Dayaman/cid/UH4PVTBYN-Bruce-and-friends-hear-about-Governor-Cooper