*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1969497-The-Magic-Pencil-By-Dayaman/cid/RBY62QG59-Pre-City-Status-Meeting
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Supernatural · #1969497
You find a pencil that can draw and erase not only drawings, but reality.
This choice: Wilma meets with the dog headed governor  •  Go Back...
Chapter #78

Pre City Status Meeting

    by: TPDSMCH
Chef Canine's was located a few blocks from the town hall, affronting the main street. It was set up as a restaurant five years before Wilma's inauguration, and had a business-casual dress code - no jeans or sneakers allowed. Its menu was typical of a restaurant that was not too casual and not too formal, but its décor was largely dog-themed. Although with the changes that were going on, the dog decorations in there now all had human heads.


As Wilma approached the restaurant, she saw the governor's limo outside, flanked by two SUVs occupied by dog-headed bodyguards. He had been driven into town just a hour beforehand. The motorcade was not as large as the one the president travels in, but he would appear to have thought it was necessary. After all, he was the most important man in the state.

Wilma entered the restaurant and was met by a Papillon-headed host.

"Hello, I arranged to meet the governor here," she said.

"Sure thing, Madam Mayor," the Papillon-headed host said. "He's seated over here." Wilma was led over to a table, where a Golden Retriever-headed man in a suit was waiting, along with a Manchester Terrier-headed woman in a smart dress.

"Governor Cooper, Miss Sugar" Wilma said to the pair.

"Ah, Mayor Wilma Wilcox, I've been waiting for you," the governor said. "Miss Sugar and I were discussing what your town becoming a city would mean for the state."

"Yeah, another city in the county and state is an exciting prospect," Miss Sugar, the county administrator, said. "And I grew up here."

"Well, it's good to have two locals here for a review of municipal status," Governor Cooper replied. "By the way," he turned to Wilma, "How's Brandy doing?"

"She's doing alright," Wilma replied.

---

Later, as the three were eating, Cooper got down to business.

"So, this municipality measures 14 square miles and had 6,830 citizens in the last census. That gives a population density of 1,707.5 people per square mile. That's above the minimum for new cities in the state."

"That's good," Wilma said.

"In addition," he continued, "your work over the last few years has increased the land value in the municipality. Current estimates put the land value at $5,000."

"That's impressive," Wilma said, recalling the major beautification campaign that had followed her election.

"When we compare it to other towns and villages in the county, the municipality's progress is certainly impressive," Miss Sugar said.

"Overall, I can confirm city status will be applied to your town," Governor Cooper said.

"Why, thank you, Governor," Wilma replied.

"I will get the process of incorporation started in the state legislature as soon as I'm back in the state capitol," the Governor said. "You should have your new charter within the next four months."

After that, the three went their separate ways.

You have the following choices:

1. Wilma privately tells Mark the good news later.

2. Governor Cooper returns to the State Capitol.

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 TPDSMCH (UN: tpds at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Lord Robbie - We got this! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1969497-The-Magic-Pencil-By-Dayaman/cid/RBY62QG59-Pre-City-Status-Meeting