*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1304219-Endsong
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1304219
The twelve races of the world fight for power, and survival.

The twelve races of the world fight for power, and survival.

This is an interactive story. Each chapter tells part of the story and often ends with multiple choices. Make a choice and move to the next chapter in your story. When you reach a chapter that hasn't been written yet, don't be shy... make an addition!
The creator of this Interactive Story provides this information and guidance:
Basically, I used to play a game called Age of Wonders and the NPC's that showed up from time to time always intrigued me. They just came with a picture and a statistic, so they didn't have a story with them. I decided to turn all the pictures into characters and in doing so, I created a story that has been with me for years. It just never found a home.

So those characters are going to find a home here. I know there are a lot of them, but I needed to put them somewhere. Eventually I hope for all of these characters to have their own storyline within this interactive, as they won't find one anywhere else.

So search around, find one you like, and feel free to add.

There are twelve races:

Elves - allied with the White Army- a noble creature. They live immortal lives, though most of the ancient elves were killed in the Great Wars. They are tall and fair with their distinct pointed ears. They fight with honor and find strength in their allies.

Dwarves - allied with the White Army- a stocky creature, they are short in posture, but not short in heart. The lives span hundreds of years, the oldest dwarf having live to the ripe age of 673. The prefer mountain habitats.

Halflings - allied with the White Army- a race born of man and elf, the halflings have the immortality of their elven heritage but lack the magic. They are in tune with the earth and are mostly farmers or ranchers. Hardly do they go into battle unless called upon.

Humans - neutral in alliance- a mortal race, easily corruptable but has also born some of the greatest heroes Isolace has ever known. Human alliances are not chosen by their race, but rather by their location.

Frostlings - neutral in alliance - technically, they are halflings. But they live in the Frozen Wastes of the north and have developed a taste for the cold and ice. Their skin is hard and they are a peaceful, magical creature by nature.

Lizardmen - neutral in alliance - they live in the swampy regions and beneath the oceans of Isolace. Like their name suggests, they are lizard-like in nature. They differ in size and color, but all are cold blooded, scaled and mischevious.

Azrac - neutral in alliance - they are a dessert people. They are mortal, like the humans, though they live for years longer. They pray to the Sun God and what little magic they possess they received from him. Their skin is tan and their ears pointed, though not as defined as the elves. They border on the side of evil and could ally themselves with the Dark Alliance at any time.

High Men - neutral in alliance - they were human once but found divinity and were made immortals by the gods they prayed to. They are few in numbers and have only one known city in all of Isolace. They are fair skinned and give a faint glow in the moonlight. They are righteous and good, but do not condone war, thus their lack of alliance to a side.

Orcs - allied with the Dark Alliance - created by the corrupt High Men years ago, the orc race has grown and conquered. They are a strong, brutal race, hardly intelligent on their own, but when allied with other races of the Dark Alliance, they are deadly. They are usually green or brown skinned.

Undead - allied with the Dark Alliance - like their Orc brethern, the undead were created by the corrupt High Men near the beginning of time. They were made from the corpses of humans and are given an immortal afterlife. They don't sleep, don't eat and don't age, except to rot. They are evil by nature and are said to be the bringers of every war fought in Isolace.

Goblins - allied with the Dark Alliance - they were once dwarves. A clan of dwarves long ago was cursed by the Azracs and turned into the foul, disgusting creatures they are. They are short and vary in body type, but all have a brown skin and grotesque look about them.

Dark Elf - allied with the Dark Alliance - they were elves once. But during the Great Wars of the past, a Prince Elf was slain in battle and it separated the factions of the great elven army. Going their separate ways, the Dark Elves chose to escape to the dark regions of the world. Their skin darkened to a pale greenish blue and their magics turned to a more evil pursuasion.


-----

There are so many characters in this interactive that it's impossible to list them all here. Explore, add, have fun. Do what you want with them, but keep the rating at 18+. Violence and romance is acceptable at a tolerable level. Rating level is subject to change.
IMPORTANT NOTICE and DISCLAIMER: The content in this story has been rated 18+. However, since this story is created by members, Writing.Com can not control the content within it. As with any item on Writing.Com, the content rating MAY or MAY NOT be accurate and the site makes no guarantees as to the accuracy. Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates will not be held responsible for the content within this interactive story. Posters accept all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content they've uploaded / submitted / posted on Writing.Com.
Please assume this story MAY contain graphic language, sexually explicit text, violence and/or any other displeasing topic you can or can't think up! To be certain you don't encounter textual content that may be offensive, you should leave this area and not continue on within this item.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1304219-Endsong