*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/968370
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Other · #660949
Competition: Each fortnight new prompts for a short story + 10,000 GPs/Awardicon available
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Nov 11, 2004 at 9:51am
All I Can See
by A Non-Existent User
"This computer is a weapon. Given enough time, I can murder someone with it as easily as pulling the trigger on my 9mm." The look on his face gave me no doubt as to his intentions. And now I was even more convinced of the fact that if I didn't find Yoni before sunset, I would never see his sweet face again. I checked my watch. 4:15. The sun set set at about 5:00. Not even an hour left. I stifled a gasp, but the man standing at his computer, describing the way he would kill my best friend had ears that were too trained, too good. He snapped his head around to look at me. I ran. Darting out of the building, I sprinted towards Yoni's house, not knowing that the man who was being paid to blow him to bits was trailing me. I raced up to Yoni's apartment, praying he would be there. He was.
"Yoni!" I tried to tell him the whole story on one breath.
"I know," he said. "I'm leavig now."
"But there's not enough time!" I exclaimed, glancing again at my watch. 4:30. My eyes filled with tears. "Yoni-"
"Shhhhhh..."
Footsteps the lengths of the hallway outside, no doubt searching for the door that Yoni and I were behind. I felt my eyes widen and my heart start to beat quickly, abnormally.
"You have to leave."
Yoni hissed at me.
"No!" I whipered sharply, "I'm not leaving. Friends are always there for eachother. I'm not leaving you. And...." I couldn't finish the sentence. My eyes welled up with whatI had been keeping locked up in my heart for months.
"What?"
I couldn't answer. My throat was too choked with sobs.
The the doorknob started to turn, slowly. Yoni got up and pulled me off my feet, towards the window.
"You've got to jump," he said.
I looked out the window. Yoni lived on the 2nd floor, but it was till a long way down.
"No!"
"Shh! If he sees you, he'll kill us both, at least one of us will survive to tell the tale."
"No! Yoni, please don't make me go."
I tried to look into his soft brown eyes, but couldn't meet them. Yoni lifted me up and pushed me throught the window. I caught the window sill as I was falling.
"Go!"
I saw the door begin to open behind Yoni. My fingers could hold me any longer.
"Yoni, what I was trying to say before..."
"Yes?"
"I love you."
Then my fingers slipped, and the last thing I saw before I hit the ground was Yoni, crying.
And even today, years later, lying in bed, a vegtable, paralyed from the neck down, I wonder what Yoni would have answered if he hadn't been killed. But all I can see his his face, tears streaming down it, and I just can't wait until I meet him in heaven.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
All I Can See · 11-11-04 9:51am
by A Non-Existent User

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Rasputin.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/968370