*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/927346
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Emotional · #475096
For anyone to ask me about anything,just type in your question!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Sep 1, 2004 at 7:50pm
Re: Replies
by A Non-Existent User
Yo Zib!

Well, you know, I was plenty jealous when you got the lead as Farmer Fran. *Wink* Plus, that was right around the same time that I didn't get into Quilters, which made it even worse! OK, sorry, I'm making it sound like, "YOU ruined my life by getting into a show!!!" Hehe...not at all...But good gravy, if you can get a copy of the dance show, send me one! I remember how impressed I was with your hand dance that you showed me at Manchester beach. I could tell, in that small moment of intensity, what a good dancer you are.

When I was reading the script at the Scrooge auditions, I kept wishing you were there to show me how you would act it out. I dunno why...I guess I sense that you're a great actor and I would love to see how you would act Isobel! It's not enough to just act as though I am the character -- I have to show the audience, really show it and make the feelings and expressions big. Showing that I feel and understand and am the character is different than just acting...if that makes any sense...

I'm not sure when rehearsals will start, actually! I read in the paper that musical rehearsals don't begin until October 5th, but when Lynn (the director) called me she said that Sita (a local opera singer who's in charge of the music) would be contacting me shortly. Is October 5th shortly? Is that what she meant? But why would auditions be in August then? I'm confused! I'm starting to feel like, "I got the part, but now nothing happens -- auditions and getting in were just all for fun. An actual musical won't be happening! Silly me." It's weird.

I imagine something will happen soon. I think they're still deciding who they want to cast for the other roles and in the chorus.

Oh, the show opens in December and runs 6 times. I'm already dreading it being over, because I fear I'll never get into another musical again -- what if I'm not really that good? But then again -- Hello, Caitlin, this was your 2nd audition ever! How can I doubt myself?

But when it's over I'll have going abroad in the spring to look forward to. And I'm going to start a homestudy nutrition course soon. I love having things to look forward to! It's a joyous feeling.

My dad and I talked last night. He just looked up from the blueprints he was studying and said, "Hey dude, I'm sorry that the doors and gates are so loud in the morning. I'll really remember to not slam them," and from there everything just kind of came out. It wasn't a big deal at all. I'm so glad!

Kody and Jasper would only be involved in a family meeting because they have issues with noise in this house as well. I mean, honestly, our house has no real walls. It's thin, cheap plywood put up between rooms -- no insulation, no padding, no thick wood, nothing. And you can hear EVERYTHING and it's EXTREMELY BOTHERSOME. I've heard my parents speaking quietly about me downstairs in the kitchen while I'm in my room with the door shut! It's terrible. Kody and I have had constant problems because our rooms are right next to each other and his typing at night while I'm trying to sleep sounds as if it's right next to my ear, and he can hear Nathan and I talking and laughing when HE'S trying to sleep...

I don't know why our house is like this. It's so inconvenient! Arrrgh!

I love how this whole site is so glaringly colorful today! I went to Ellie's main page and all the items were in different colors. So bright! I love it. It must be the site's birthday or something, eh?

"I've never had a humble opinion.
If you've got an opinion,
why be humble about it?"
MESSAGE THREAD
Replies · 08-30-04 3:43pm
by Alex Elizabeth
*Star* Re: Replies · 09-01-04 7:50pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Replies · 09-10-04 3:03pm
by Alex Elizabeth
Re: Re: Re: Replies · 09-13-04 12:34pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Re: Re: Replies · 09-14-04 6:51pm
by Alex Elizabeth

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, RachieBee.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/927346