*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3667533
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(109)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #1949474
Motivate yourself to conquer your goals this week! Post on Monday; update us on Friday!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jul 26, 2024 at 7:02am
Update: Navigating the sea of chaos (2024.07.26)
by Tobber
As expected chaos erupted at work, too many deadlines and oppositely charged interests clashing at once. It did not get quite as bad as I had feared, though, and with the help of my excellent manager, I think I managed the worst of it relatively unscathed. Hence, my goal chasing also went much better than expected.

The next couple of weeks will still be more of the same, work stealing my time and energy, setting the bar low for my writing, etc. But so far, things are going better this summer than I would have thought just a month or two ago.

*BoxCheck* Write/outline/edit every day: Once again, keeping the good habit going here. There were a couple of days where I only hit just above my minimum threshold (100 words written/15mins spend on focused editing or outlining), but I also had one or two days were I got much more written, and generally my WiP is progressing nicely.

*BoxCheck* Finish editing my entry for the Danish SF anthology: Check. Managed to get the editing done and send it back to the editor in the middle of the week.

*BoxCheck* Do vocal exercises: Once again, I got a lot more done here than the bare minimum. I did the exercises at least twice a day, and I'm starting to be aware when I don't use my voice properly during conversations, so I can correct myself, which the whole point of the exercises. So yeah, this was great.

*BoxCheck**BoxCheck* Do a review: Giving myself double marks for this one. I got one review done, and I'm in the middle of another one which I'm hoping to send within an hour.

*BoxCheck* Get exercise: I didn't get as much exercise as I'd hoped for. I did manage an 8K run Wednesday, though, as well as stuffing 10-15 of moderate exercises the other days. It's a start.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Update: Navigating the sea of chaos (2024.07.26) · 07-26-24 7:02am
by Tobber

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryMistress.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3667533