*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3658572
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Fantasy · #2180090
Message forum for readers of the BoM/TWS interactive universe.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jun 13, 2024 at 3:45am
Re: The Book of Masks: If It Happened to Me
How fun.

Choice 1: Keep investigating the book.

The moving faces and the strangely unlocked page probably would have made me wanna test it out on a lark even if it meant bleeding a bit. And once that unlocked another page, I would take it significantly more seriously.

Choice 2: Keep the book a secret.

Last thing I'd consider doing is letting it slip out that I have a seemingly magic book on my hands, especially if I hadn't actually confirmed for myself it was actually magic or not. Maybe in the future when I had a firmer grasp on the book and what I thought it capable of, but certainly not immediately.

Choice 3: Use the mask on a friend

Testing the mask on myself would feel like a bad idea without knowing in what condition that would leave me, and testing it out on Robert seemed like a bad idea for the same reason, in addition to it possibly resulting in hard to answer questions from either Robert, or even mom or dad if I got unlucky and they happened to need Robert or I.

Choice 4: Randomly search the school

School isn't what I would call the most ideal, but it's far from the worst locale for finding someone alone, especially after school. I'd probably look for somewhere more isolated and not busy, like an almost empty classroom or something like that. I’d take the chance if I saw a good opportunity, but take no great risks if not.

Choice 5: Look backstage at the theatre

The unilluminated theatre seems to be the best choice to me on the off chance somebody ducked in there and was sitting in the audience section, or if there was an isolated corner of the backstage area somebody might be alone in.

Choice 6: Try for the person with the cell phone

Pretty much the exact target I would hope for give that the person would be both exposed and hard to see without the benefit of the phone illuminating them, while being myself hard to identify if I end up needing to run like hell.

Choice 7: No way you’ll do a project with your brother!

lol

Choice 8: Take the job at Salopek

Same reasoning as earlier, I'd wanna get a more complete look at what it seems the book can do before deciding if I'd somebody else in on it. And the supplies need to be paid for somehow.

Choice 9: Maria Vasquez

I’ll specify that I pick this because I still don’t want to test this on people with one degree of separation from myself, and there would be a good bet that Maria would be in the same place as before. And if not, somebody else might be in the theater to try the same thing on.

Choice 10: Content yourself studying her mind and memories.

I doubt I would feel bold enough to immediately go out and impersonate somebody, even with their personality and memories, without first familiarizing myself with them. And having a complete disguise of somebody seems like a good breaking point in the book to slow down for a bit and assess what I’ve done and what I have.

Choice 11: Keep your research to yourself

This is where I break off, because there is exactly zero chance I would go share this stuff with somebody I basically assaulted with magic.

Basically, I wouldn’t wanna take chances with using the stuff on myself or people particularly close to me that might get me caught out. So the ambush in a dark theater where getting away would be possible strikes me as the path I would likely end up taking if I were to explore the book, which I could see myself doing if I ever noticed the shifting faces.
MESSAGE THREAD
The Book of Masks: If It Happened to Me · 06-12-24 11:41am
by Seuzz
Re: The Book of Masks: If It Happened to Me · 06-12-24 3:06pm
by Nostrum
Re: Re: The Book of Masks: If It Happened to Me · 06-12-24 3:20pm
by Seuzz
Re: Re: Re: The Book of Masks: If It Happened to Me · 06-13-24 1:19am
by bori258
Re: Re: Re: The Book of Masks: If It Happened to Me · 06-13-24 2:16am
by Wordsmitty ✍️
Re: Re: Re: Re: The Book of Masks: If It Happened to Me · 06-13-24 8:02am
by Seuzz
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Book of Masks: If It Happened to Me · 06-13-24 4:13pm
by Wordsmitty ✍️
*Star* Re: The Book of Masks: If It Happened to Me · 06-13-24 3:45am
by ThePrussian

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Seuzz.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3658572