*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3658400
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Fantasy · #2180090
Message forum for readers of the BoM/TWS interactive universe.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jun 12, 2024 at 11:41am
The Book of Masks: If It Happened to Me
by Seuzz
I don't remember if I've broached this topic before, but I'll ask it again if I have. I don't think I've asked it in this exact way.

If the "you" of The Book of Masks were real-you, in high school, what path would you have taken?

I don't mean the general question, What would you have done with the Libra if you'd found it? I mean, if the events of a chapter happened, and you were confronted by the choice at the end of the chapter, which choice would you have taken? And then, the events in the sequel chapter having happened, leading to a new choice, which choice would you have taken?

And so on and so forth.

Which chapter would you have ended up in? Where would it stop, either because all the final choices are unwritten, or because the choice you would have made wasn't written?

To my chagrin, I have to admit that my own adventure with the Libra would have ended very quickly. Being shy of such things, but also a natural-born procrastinator, I would have "buried the book in my room and tried to forget about it." In the next chapter, I wouldn't have tried pranking anyone. And then, because I didn't like parties, I'm afraid I would have ended up in "Things That Frighten You with no way forward.

Like I say, my adventure would have ended very quickly.

Anyone else care to confess where they think that they, as a high school senior reenacting the interactive, would have ended up?
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
The Book of Masks: If It Happened to Me · 06-12-24 11:41am
by Seuzz
Re: The Book of Masks: If It Happened to Me · 06-12-24 3:06pm
by Nostrum
Re: Re: The Book of Masks: If It Happened to Me · 06-12-24 3:20pm
by Seuzz
Re: Re: Re: The Book of Masks: If It Happened to Me · 06-13-24 1:19am
by bori258
Re: Re: Re: The Book of Masks: If It Happened to Me · 06-13-24 2:16am
by Wordsmitty ✍️
Re: Re: Re: Re: The Book of Masks: If It Happened to Me · 06-13-24 8:02am
by Seuzz
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Book of Masks: If It Happened to Me · 06-13-24 4:13pm
by Wordsmitty ✍️
Re: The Book of Masks: If It Happened to Me · 06-13-24 3:45am
by ThePrussian

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Seuzz.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3658400