*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3652786
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Fantasy · #2180090
Message forum for readers of the BoM/TWS interactive universe.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
May 18, 2024 at 11:36am
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Commentary: "A Trip Past the ...
by Nostrum
Alright, so without technicalities. (Or at least a little, since it's still important.)

The main point of confusion is that there's no sense of relative time. I might understand why the chapter doesn't present what happens right after his "conversion", but it's unsettling to see Will go from whammied by the mask to being on a dinner - as if Will woke up at that location.

Then, the events seem to zig-zag. The progression of the trip to California is mostly linear and complete, but nudged between the conversion of Garson to Cameron and the "explanation" of how they can switch lives. In most of those cases, you can see everything from Heather's point of view - and only in two occasions you can see that, for some reason, "Heather" suspects there's more than what's going on, suggesting that Will is becoming conscious of himself or something.

Regardless of what I already know (at least in my case), my confusion primarily comes from not being able to follow the action in a linear way. (And trying to understand it brings all the knowledge I have about the Libra to the forefront.)

So it's not just reading things without delving into technicalities - it's needing to read the chapters as-is, focusing on Heather's psychology rather than perception of linear time.
MESSAGE THREAD
Commentary: "A Trip Past the Supermarket" aka "Heather Dow" · 05-14-24 12:40pm
by Seuzz
Re: Commentary: "A Trip Past the Supermarket" aka "Heathe... · 05-15-24 12:14am
by Nostrum
Re: Re: Commentary: "A Trip Past the Supermarket" aka "He... · 05-15-24 11:22am
by Zuul
Re: Re: Re: Commentary: "A Trip Past the Supermarket" aka... · 05-15-24 12:04pm
by ThePrussian
Re: Re: Re: Re: Commentary: "A Trip Past the Supermarket"... · 05-15-24 5:40pm
by Zuul
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Commentary: "A Trip Past the Supermar... · 05-15-24 9:06pm
by ThePrussian
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Commentary: "A Trip Past the Supe... · 05-18-24 10:42am
by Seuzz
*Star* Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Commentary: "A Trip Past the ... · 05-18-24 11:36am
by Nostrum

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Seuzz.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3652786