*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3650679
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Fantasy · #2180090
Message forum for readers of the BoM/TWS interactive universe.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
May 9, 2024 at 9:56am
Re: Re: Re: Commentary: You or Blackwell?
by Nostrum
Agree on Nicholas and the creepiness.

It's possible that the Saratoga Falls branch has that "old blood, close family" feel akin to Cuthbert and the Shabblemanns and feel that Nicholas is an intruder, which is why they don't act whenever Sydney (or Will) make their move to off him. We haven't seen so far as to see what happens when a full Brotherhood is enabled, and how the old guard will resist, but they're definitely making their play here. Again - they haven't shown an interest in the Libra, and considering that's a book everyone wants, it's all the more unsettling.

As for the creepiness, it's more about Aiden than anything else. As I read it, the first thing I saw was "damn, I wanna brandish a silver rosary on that bastard and stake him!", because the vampire vibes are undeniable. The "breast-milking" thing in particular, suggesting Aiden is a lamia or has somehow grafted its powers to it.

I'm pretty sure the Brotherhood knows how to make Watchers, but the {gwarcheidwad/i} devours them. The villa's guardian isn't very picky on what it eats, after all, and a place where you can do your stuff without being watched is definitely an advantage. If they don't, they're a little bit too incompetent - these guys are the closest thing to a Victorian occult group the likes of the Theosophic Society (heck, they are pretty much THE Theosophic Society!), and for them NOT to know how to do something that feels like essential to magicians (the fact that neither Will nor Blackwell do, but the Stellae *can*, is an example of why they're not professionals) feels like they're not as much a threat as they're set up to be.

What's more important is to figure out what's the relationship between Blackwell and the Brotherhood.
MESSAGE THREAD
Commentary: You or Blackwell? · 05-09-24 5:30am
by ThePrussian
Re: Commentary: You or Blackwell? · 05-09-24 8:25am
by Nostrum
Re: Re: Commentary: You or Blackwell? · 05-09-24 8:58am
by ThePrussian
*Star* Re: Re: Re: Commentary: You or Blackwell? · 05-09-24 9:56am
by Nostrum
Re: Re: Re: Re: Commentary: You or Blackwell? · 05-09-24 12:14pm
by Seuzz
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Commentary: You or Blackwell? · 05-10-24 12:01am
by ThePrussian
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Commentary: You or Blackwell? · 05-10-24 12:08pm
by Easy

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Seuzz.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3650679