*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3650651
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Fantasy · #2180090
Message forum for readers of the BoM/TWS interactive universe.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
May 9, 2024 at 8:25am
Re: Commentary: You or Blackwell?
by Nostrum
I'll go on a limb and say this is the Brotherhood's recruitment drive for Will. (And I'm not speaking about Sydney's attempt to create one.)

This is a good way to see how the Brotherhood really works, and just how much they control Saratoga Falls. I'll admit it's disturbing because of the creepy feeling that they're rich, powerful and they have connections with the police, meaning you can stumble upon them if you're not careful. (As if that wasn't the case already with Fane having its fingers on a few places in SF.)

Have you considered the historian's also on this? Think about it - Melody went to visit her to know about the dark history of Saratoga Falls, and shortly after they corner her. The claim is that they noticed her snooping around the villa while they were speaking with Blackwell, but considering how they should work, they should've disposed of her. And they know her by name.

Which leads me to think - it's possible they're sizing Melody as a replacement for Blackwell. For one, they already expressed their disappointment with him, and his revelation (and attempt to hide) that he lost something important, coupled with the possibility that they know Lucy's death is probably related to him (they got their grubby hands on the police, after all) might have just turned the professor into a liability. They could've easily disposed of Melody, but they're using her. And what's more interesting, they don't seem to be interested on the book - which is what Blackwell wants. It's entirely possible they'll entice "Melody" into spying on Blackwell. Considering how Will's scared of Blackwell and wants to dispose of him, what better way than to earn his trust by actually disposing of Blackwell and suggesting he can "inherit" everything? (And then gauge him up to see his utility.)
MESSAGE THREAD
Commentary: You or Blackwell? · 05-09-24 5:30am
by ThePrussian
*Star* Re: Commentary: You or Blackwell? · 05-09-24 8:25am
by Nostrum
Re: Re: Commentary: You or Blackwell? · 05-09-24 8:58am
by ThePrussian
Re: Re: Re: Commentary: You or Blackwell? · 05-09-24 9:56am
by Nostrum
Re: Re: Re: Re: Commentary: You or Blackwell? · 05-09-24 12:14pm
by Seuzz
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Commentary: You or Blackwell? · 05-10-24 12:01am
by ThePrussian
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Commentary: You or Blackwell? · 05-10-24 12:08pm
by Easy

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Seuzz.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3650651