Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(334)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Contest · #896794
Enter your story of 300 words or less.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jan 14, 2024 at 6:42pm
1/14 Entry
*Dollar* 500 GPs were sent to Arakun the Twisted Raccoon with this post.
The old house at the end of Maple Street was always a source of fascination for me. Its mysterious aura, filled with whispered tales of ghosts and hidden treasures, drew me in like a moth to a flame. On a crisp autumn afternoon, my curiosity got the best of me, and I decided to explore its abandoned halls.

The creaking wooden door protested as I pushed it open, revealing a world frozen in time. Dust motes danced in the air, and the atmosphere was thick with the weight of years gone by.

As I ventured deeper, my eyes fell upon a peculiar bookshelf, its shelves covered in dusty cobwebs. My fingers brushed against the spines of old books, and a subtle draft of air caught my attention. Leaning closer, I examined the wallpaper and discovered a hidden seam. With trembling hands, I uncovered a concealed door.

Pushing it open, I found myself in a narrow passageway. Dim light barely illuminated my path, but curiosity compelled me to continue. The walls were adorned with cracked paintings and forgotten memories, leading me deeper into the heart of the enigma.

Finally, I entered a hidden chamber. It was filled with dusty trinkets, antique furniture, and an enticing chest. My hands trembled as I lifted the lid, revealing a collection of old letters. Each one spoke of lost love and hidden desires, a treasure trove of forgotten emotions.

Reading those letters, I felt a profound connection to the past. I had uncovered a piece of history, a glimpse into the lives of those who had once called this mysterious house their home. It was a reminder that some secrets were meant to be discovered, for they held the power to bridge the gap between generations and connect us to a world long gone.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
1/14 Entry · 01-14-24 6:42pm
by WriterRick

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Arakun the Twisted Raccoon.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3613591