Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(334)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Contest · #896794
Enter your story of 300 words or less.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jan 13, 2024 at 8:19pm
1/13 Entry
*Dollar* 500 GPs were sent to Arakun the Twisted Raccoon with this post.
In the heart of the ancient forest, where whispers of magic still lingered, a young traveler named Elara wandered. She was on a quest to find the fabled Starlight Bloom, a flower said to grant a single wish to the one who finds it under the light of a full moon.

As night fell, there, amidst the luminescent glow, stood a solitary flower, its petals shimmering like stardust. Elara's heart raced with excitement. She reached out to touch the Starlight Bloo but stopped. The air felt heavy, charged with an unseen energy.

"Something is wrong here," she whispered, her instincts screaming a warning. The forest around her seemed to hold its breath, waiting.

Suddenly, the ground trembled. From the shadows emerged a guardian spirit, its form both beautiful and terrifying. "Why do you seek the Starlight Bloom, child of the mortal realm?" it asked, its voice echoing like a wind through ancient trees.

Elara's courage did not waver. "I seek to save my village from a plague," she replied, her voice steady.

The guardian spirit studied her, its eyes reflecting the stars above. "Your heart is pure, and your cause is just," it said finally. "But the Starlight Bloom is not what it seems. It grants wishes, but at a great cost."

Elara's resolve faltered. She thought of her village, of the suffering she hoped to end. Then, with a deep breath, she made her decision. "Then I shall find another way. My people's lives are not mine to gamble with."

The guardian nodded, vanishing into the night. As Elara turned to leave, a soft light enveloped her. Though she did not leave with the Starlight Bloom, she carried with her a newfound strength and the guardian's silent blessing. Her journey had just begun.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
1/13 Entry · 01-13-24 8:19pm
by WriterRick

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Arakun the Twisted Raccoon.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3613420