*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3594264
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing · #1474311
A month-long novel-planning challenge with prizes galore. Prep 2024 signups now open!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 17, 2023 at 9:30pm
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Almost there...
You go!

Just turned complete attention on it. I chose difficult narrative angles without much knowledge of my characters lines of work, setting, culture abd more. Want an action story thatā€™s character driven with antagonists of all approaches controlling narrative, some good, some surprises. Protagonist only gets to be in the moment with the antis who treat him like the bad guy. They persuade audience at outset. His actions are supposed to help readers question choices, who to root for. Protag is reason the bad stuff they do, essentially cleaning up his own mess. I got one of two carpet yankers for reveals.

Story title plays on word ā€˜agentā€™ three ways: viruses, (former) agents who conspire to release toxins to targeted people, and each of them (seven agents with seven ā€˜deadly agentsā€™ have different motives/narratives against the protag who does not care for morals battle with a distinct sense for justice. His main adversary is someone he trained who should be among audience favorites, though she takes it too farā€¦only just a error in judgment and ill tempered, like protag, motivated for good causes, but he lacks people skills, propped up by bosses to take lead/fall, regardless. Then, he gets a new boss and has to work under new pressures that limit him.

Leaves out main plot, etc. Too long, messy yet. Iā€™m not hiding what I wrote but not linking until full attention given to clean up.
MESSAGE THREAD
Almost there... · 10-17-23 12:07am
by Roseille ā™„
Re: Almost there... · 10-17-23 9:59am
by QueenNormaJean gettinPomsready
Re: Re: Almost there... · 10-17-23 5:21pm
by Roseille ā™„
Re: Re: Re: Almost there... · 10-17-23 8:48pm
by Brian K Compton notes an echo~
Re: Re: Re: Re: Almost there... · 10-17-23 9:10pm
by Roseille ā™„
*Star* Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Almost there... · 10-17-23 9:30pm
by Brian K Compton notes an echo~
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Almost there... · 10-17-23 10:28pm
by Roseille ā™„
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Almost there... · 10-18-23 9:57am
by BrandiwynšŸŽ¶
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Almost there... · 10-18-23 9:56am
by BrandiwynšŸŽ¶

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, BrandiwynšŸŽ¶.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3594264