*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3594234
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing · #1474311
A month-long novel-planning challenge with prizes galore. Prep 2024 signups now open!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 17, 2023 at 8:31pm
Re: Re: Re: Re: A New Day
I always fall into the RED ZONE within the first few days, as I'm not very disciplined. This is the first year I've continued on anyhow. I don't think I'll finish, so I probably won't qualify for the "special" prize at the end, but I'm really proud that I didn't let ME get in my own way... something about not throwing out the baby with the bathwater, or cutting off my nose to spite my face, or whichever is the most appropriate quote.

I'm even more excited that I actually have some ideas boiling that wouldn't have happened if I hadn't pressed on. So even if I reach Day #1 of NaNoWriMo with only half the prep assignments completed, that in itself is a huge improvement and something I will certainly celebrate.

I'm trying to adopt this thing that my mom told me once: You have to meet people where THEY are, not where YOU are. That applies to myself as well... expectations versus reality, and dealing with things as they actually are rather than banging my head on a wall wishing I was different. The fact is, I may never finish this challenge, or NaNoWriMo, or any other 30-day challenge. I have to accept that maybe 30-day challenges aren't my forte. AND THAT'S OKAY! So, how can I adapt them to meet me where I am? #SelfCareCheck #IGotThatDogInMe #YesIReallyJustSaidThat
MESSAGE THREAD
A New Day · 10-16-23 10:39am
by QueenNormaJean gettinPomsready
Re: A New Day · 10-16-23 3:41pm
by BrandiwynšŸŽ¶
Re: Re: A New Day · 10-16-23 9:44pm
by QueenNormaJean gettinPomsready
Re: Re: Re: A New Day · 10-16-23 10:58pm
by Hā€pe
*Star* Re: Re: Re: Re: A New Day · 10-17-23 8:31pm
by Andi-Roo
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A New Day · 10-17-23 8:47pm
by BrandiwynšŸŽ¶

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, BrandiwynšŸŽ¶.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3594234