*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3550631
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Contest · #2130938
Looking for a guiding light. May 2024 round is open, looking for short stories.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Mar 7, 2023 at 10:58pm
Edited: March 7, 2023 at 10:59pm
Re: 2023 Round Closed
Are you here for the promised update? Because I am. *Ha*

I have read everything, and I am so thankful to have had so many entertaining stories to read. Thank you, once again!

For some quick stats, we had fifteen total entries and all fifteen follow the guidelines, so no worries there. And here is how many contestants chose each prompt:

Fantasy (A new invention.) 6
Drama (A secret kept for someone else's sake.) 1
Sci-Fi (A non-humanoid robot with a personality.) 0
Supernatural (A broken curse.) 3
Romance (An ex who is still a friend, but not a romantic interest.) 1
Paranormal (A friendly ghost.) 4

I'm not going to lie; when I think about it, I'm sad that there weren't any sci-fi stories with its prompt. That and the required detail for Paranormal were the two I had locked in first. I screwed the wording up on it, but I was really trying not to restrict it too much. I just didn't want stories with required androids. Notice my wording.

And also notice I said "when I think about it." Luckily, while I'm reading the entries the contest did receive I'm not thinking about the lack of a sci-fi story, because I am overjoyed to read the stories here. In fact, I believe I'll go do that again.

I'm still looking at having results posted by March 12th. If something keeps me from doing that, I'll let you all know via a post in this forum.

A tag image for items affiliated with MechGrammical.  Also a signature.  Links to forum.

The WYRM group banner.
MESSAGE THREAD
2023 Round Closed · 03-01-23 12:01am
by Satuawany
*Star* Re: 2023 Round Closed · 03-07-23 10:58pm
by Satuawany

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Satuawany.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3550631