*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3527249
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing · #1474311
2023 Sign-ups are CLOSED. A month-long novel-planning challenge with prizes galore.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 16, 2022 at 5:18am
Edited: October 16, 2022 at 5:40am
Re: Re: Thank you, guys!
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham : vanilla is sugar with 10% real vanilla worked into it*Idea*... and it gives an extra yum to every baking project.*Hungry*

Your question concerning "changing" the Nutella "recipe" (by Ferrero, who makes it): The Short answer's Yes.

They put more sugar and preservatives in it and skimped on chocolate & nuts (what once made up Nutella*Shock2*), because it's easier and cheaper to produce then.*Angry*

(That's also the reason it has more the color of... you-know-what*Shock* now and only tastes like sugar.*Sick*)

The recipe I posted, is by some others like me, who didn't want to be messed with by Ferrero anymore, and began trying to reproduce it with natural ingredients.*Idea*

As you saw, it contains only 6 ingredients, and all needed: real chocolate, hazelnuts, milk, butter, (vanilla) sugar.*Hungry*

You can easily put it together... and the more organic ingredients you use, the better.

Fat BUT, though.*Shock2*

Since there's no conservatives in it (except the added sugars), you shall use it up in 7 - 14 days max (depending how cold you fridge is), because otherwise it goes moldy. *Shock2*

So I always make a smaller quantity, like a 400 gr / roughly 1 lb glass.*Idea* And 2 lb. when friends want some, too. *Wink*

By the way, I already converted 2 Nutella haters.*Laugh*
MESSAGE THREAD
Thank you, guys! · 10-15-22 6:35pm
by Olivia–Soccer EC ITA:SUI 0:0
Re: Thank you, guys! · 10-15-22 7:10pm
by QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham
*Star* Re: Re: Thank you, guys! · 10-16-22 5:18am
Re: Thank you, guys! · 10-15-22 9:06pm
by Brandiwyn🎶
Re: Re: Thank you, guys! · 10-16-22 5:35am
Re: Re: Re: Thank you, guys! · 10-16-22 11:16am
by Angelica- Happy July 4th!

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Brandiwyn🎶.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3527249