*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3514286
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Fantasy · #2180090
Message forum for readers of the BoM/TWS interactive universe.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Aug 18, 2022 at 9:17pm
Edited: August 18, 2022 at 9:34pm
What's Everyone Reading?
I figure that not every message needs to pertain to BoM so I'll ask what people are reading or I suppose listening to if you're doing audiobooks and podcasts. Myself, I'm a manga guy so I'm reading quite a bit of the things I'm really enjoying...

Section Chief Kosaku Shima   - It's the first in a long running series about a fictional salaryman following him as he deals with the corporate world and his own personal foibles, especially in regards to his love life. It's been running since 1983 with each series ending and a new one starting to reflect his new titles as he makes his way up the corporate ladder. The political intrigue as corporate bigwigs and their factions wrestle for power in the company is really well done.

The Holy Grail of Eris   - A girl encounters the ghost of an noblewoman and is forced to help her uncover the details of her execution ten years earlier so she can take revenge on those who killed her. There's not a lot of supernatural stuff beyond the ghost, it's more of a conspiracy thriller involving the viciousness of noble society, class divisions and the criminal underworld.

Skip and Loafer   - Country mouse girl moves to the big city. Very much romantic drama but incredibly well done with great characters.

Liar Satsuki Can See Death   - A girl has the ability to see a person's corpse 24 hours before they die. With this, she has to try and figure out how they die and what she can do to prevent it. But she's so lacking in social skills that everyone considers her an annoyance and a liar.

I've also been going through and listening to the audiobook versions of Oxford History of the United States series. Most of the books are great though one or two (the volume covering the GIlded Age especially) makes you wonder why it's even there.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
What's Everyone Reading? · 08-18-22 9:17pm
by rugal b.
Re: What's Everyone Reading? · 08-18-22 10:31pm
by Nostrum
Re: What's Everyone Reading? · 08-18-22 11:26pm
by ThePrussian
Re: Re: What's Everyone Reading? · 08-19-22 8:17am
by Seuzz

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Seuzz.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3514286