*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3495464
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Fantasy · #2180090
Message forum for readers of the BoM/TWS interactive universe.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Apr 23, 2022 at 1:01pm
End of the Road (for now)
by Nostrum
With "Moonstruck, I finish the last of the four arcs detailing Mireya's story. Fair warning, though: unlike the other chapters, this one has quite the sexy content.

What happens next? That'll have to wait, but the seeds have been planted for the careful reader to find them. What I *can* say is, there's only one arc left, and that'll explain why Mireya isn't on any arc other than this. And, as you may have noticed, it's a preamble of sorts to the actual sequel to "Leavin’ on a (Commuter) Jet Plane, which is halfway planned - in that the backstory is written, but the actual chapters are not.

This is a good time as any to ask, though: did it feel natural to you that Will and Mireya eventually ended hooking up? I decided to throw Will a bone since, most of the times, he doesn't even get to do the deed, and if he does, it's under a mask. Also: what about the development to Lucy and Taylor's love story (marriage, a child, hints of their future...)? I'll admit that, as I wrote Lucy and Taylor as deuteragonists to the one lone branch I've contributed (other than the Round Robin, that is), their relationship came naturally to me, and I felt they needed a good send-off: they're two characters that have suffered a lot (both from the unfortunate circumstances that have happened to them, and in Lucy's case, how that circumstance made her a single-track character), and the least I could do was give them a "happily ever after" - at least, for the time being. (A "hope spot", if you will, given the nature of this world.) Suffice to say that I grew fond of them as characters, and the way they clicked so naturally and organically suggested this was the evident evolution to their relationship. One thing I'm really fond of is the way Lucy naturally evolved as a character when taken out of her predicament - I mean, who of you thought she'd make a good counselor, or that she has so much insight?

Anyways: that's all I got for you at the time. I won't mince words: advancing the story any further requires Seuzz to return. If you have any questions, comments or thoughts, feel free to leave them.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
End of the Road (for now) · 04-23-22 1:01pm
by Nostrum
Re: End of the Road (for now) · 04-24-22 1:25am
by ThePrussian

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Seuzz.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3495464