*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3495113
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Fantasy · #2180090
Message forum for readers of the BoM/TWS interactive universe.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Apr 21, 2022 at 2:10am
Re: Re: Re: Re: Some Possibilities
You kind of got into another reason I'm not big on Cindy actually: I'm generally not keen on dealing with Blackwell and any story with Cindy in a central role feels like it's bound to eventually bring in Lucy which means a high probability of Blackwell.

In general, I tend to shy away from the more serious magic focused stories as it's never been an area I feel comfortable with. The closest I've come is stuff with Ursula but even that, despite having ideas I liked, I worried about my ability to properly execute them and so stopped. I'm much more comfortable doing stories that focus largely on a character themselves with lower stakes and more introspection/observation about the place in the world they inhabit. Stuff like (to shill my own things for a minute) "Onward, Towards the Apocalypse.

Which might seem to make Cindy a good choice but I also need something that I feel is interesting to grab onto and Cindy is really just not a character who stands out to me. She feels both not established enough for me to figure out a better angle for her yet too established for me to go "well, what could be interesting". But it could also be a self-fulfilling thing where I can't find anything interesting for her because I don't like the character enough.

I can certainly do something to try and set up a Cindy story but you're right, actually writing a story about her isn't something I have much interest in doing.
MESSAGE THREAD
Some Possibilities · 04-18-22 1:13am
by rugal b.
Re: Some Possibilities · 04-18-22 1:27am
by Nostrum
Re: Re: Some Possibilities · 04-18-22 7:40am
by ThePrussian
Re: Re: Some Possibilities · 04-18-22 3:30pm
by rugal b.
Re: Re: Re: Some Possibilities · 04-18-22 4:05pm
by Ann Man
Re: Re: Re: Some Possibilities · 04-20-22 11:46am
by Nostrum
*Star* Re: Re: Re: Re: Some Possibilities · 04-21-22 2:10am
by rugal b.
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Some Possibilities · 07-11-22 2:34pm
by Seuzz
Re: Some Possibilities · 04-19-22 6:30pm
by araki

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Seuzz.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3495113