*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3494312
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Fantasy · #2180090
Message forum for readers of the BoM/TWS interactive universe.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Apr 16, 2022 at 5:01am
Re: Re: Re: Something Old, Something New...
Well, to be fair, for the chapter you mention, he's in the archives with Nash when he doesn't really have a reason to care about his appearance. Most people aren't gonna care what they look like if they're gonna be in the workshop all day, and the googles make sense with the type of work he's there for. And he's also a college age guy. As a college guy myself, sniff tests are far from uncommon, I promise you. :P But I get what you mean, and I think what you're looking to do here makes a lot of sense, because in the storyline where Will goes to college after having his memory wiped, he does learn to clean himself up and start caring about his appearance. I think if properly socialized, or left to his own devices, it is something that would happen naturally, so I like how you're handling it here.

As for the Libra thing, is that another personal preference? I'm a bit confused because Libra is still part of the title. Seuzz changed it to Summa Libra Personae, and that's what's on the title page of the book itself. I just find it a bit odd that Will would decline to use the abbreviation in the most common use in favor of a term that's more likely to be mistaken for something else.

Although, that actually does make me wonder if that's what you're going for, because if Blackwell is about, it's a lot safer for them to use Summa given that word could refer to any number of texts, compared to Libra which really only refers to the book.

I'm definitely quite interested in seeing that flashback, because I'm sure it's a great story.
MESSAGE THREAD
Something Old, Something New... · 04-15-22 1:14am
by Nostrum
Re: Something Old, Something New... · 04-16-22 1:57am
by ThePrussian
Re: Re: Something Old, Something New... · 04-16-22 4:02am
by Nostrum
*Star* Re: Re: Re: Something Old, Something New... · 04-16-22 5:01am
by ThePrussian
Re: Re: Re: Re: Something Old, Something New... · 04-17-22 2:26am
by Nostrum
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Something Old, Something New... · 04-18-22 7:17am
by ThePrussian
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Something Old, Something New... · 04-18-22 3:28pm
by Nostrum

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Seuzz.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3494312