*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3494310
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Fantasy · #2180090
Message forum for readers of the BoM/TWS interactive universe.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Apr 16, 2022 at 4:02am
Re: Re: Something Old, Something New...
by Nostrum
I dislike how the description he gets as a Sulva/Kenan makes him look, basically. He's usually described as himself, except with goggles and carrying a ton of gadgets around him, further amplifying his uber-dorky appearance: for example: in "Kenandandran Know-How, he literally looks for a used shirt by sniffing on it, and it specifically mentions the goggles and "goofy-looking face and flyaway hair", suggesting he doesn't care about his appearance at all. Being that the other descriptions usually have him looking a bit better, it kinda infuriates me that his "default" version is basically showing no change other than being a grease monkey. In fact, I see his look working for Fane as better than his working for the Stellae.

That, and I was looking at making him look like Tony Stark.

As for the Summa: I figure that, as part of his training, he must've been informed of the name, and that it's not the Libra as most everyone calls it. Thus, I devised that he might want to call it by another of its names, and just shorten it - just like the Libra Personae gets often reduced to "Libra", so the Summa Personae gets reduced in the same way, even though other books are named as such.

And as for why Nash and Will have a mask of Mireya? There's a good reason, and I'm extremely desperate to work that flashback out. (And also, because I got hooked with the story because of the transformation shenanigans, and my own story barely has that. I definitely wanted to have Will play with the masks, but the story matured in a way he couldn't.)
MESSAGE THREAD
Something Old, Something New... · 04-15-22 1:14am
by Nostrum
Re: Something Old, Something New... · 04-16-22 1:57am
by ThePrussian
*Star* Re: Re: Something Old, Something New... · 04-16-22 4:02am
by Nostrum
Re: Re: Re: Something Old, Something New... · 04-16-22 5:01am
by ThePrussian
Re: Re: Re: Re: Something Old, Something New... · 04-17-22 2:26am
by Nostrum
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Something Old, Something New... · 04-18-22 7:17am
by ThePrussian
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Something Old, Something New... · 04-18-22 3:28pm
by Nostrum

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Seuzz.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3494310