*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3474769
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Fantasy · #2180090
Message forum for readers of the BoM/TWS interactive universe.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jan 12, 2022 at 2:05am
On the Brown Branch
So, I'm somewhat curious about what everyone thinks about the branch that Seuzz has been publishing, about Will and Sydney taking over the Brown family, for a couple reasons. And beyond a doubt the biggest thing about this branch I wanted to dicuss is Will and Sydney's impersonation of Micah and Riker. Book of Masks has always had some rather sexual content, but for it's been largely contained to high schoolers, and mostly 18 or 17 year old high schoolers at that. There's been a little sexual content on the freshman and sophmores, but that's far from common, and it's still pretty uncomfortable in my opinion. But I feel like the most recent chapters, which features sexual content while Will and Sydney are wearing the masks of boys that are barely teenagers, is taking things too far. I've been very uncomfortable reading several of the most recent chapters, and not the kind of uncomfortable that can be positive, but the kind of uncomfortable that makes me feel bad for reading what I'm reading. Does anybody else feel this way, or am I alone in feeling this discomfort? I feel like it's just too far past what's really acceptable.

On a much less serious note, also about Riker and Micah, what does everybody think about them as characters? They kinda seem like assholes to me, and not even interesting assholes, just unlikeable assholes with no depth that a character like Gordon or Steve has. I guess part of that has to do with the fact that we haven't gotten to see as much of them, but honestly, what we have seen of them doesn't encourage me to learn more. I don't wanna be negative, but this branch is honestly turning me off in a lot of ways, which is a first when reading something from Seuzz. So I wanna hear everybody's thoughts on this branch.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
On the Brown Branch · 01-12-22 2:05am
by ThePrussian
Re: On the Brown Branch · 01-12-22 3:09am
by rugal b.
Re: Re: On the Brown Branch · 01-12-22 11:01am
by Seuzz

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Seuzz.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3474769