*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3458810
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing · #1474311
2023 Sign-ups are CLOSED. A month-long novel-planning challenge with prizes galore.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 22, 2021 at 1:21am
Re: Re: Re: Re: The countdown begins!
NOOOO!!! STOP THE CLOCK! REVERSE IT, EVEN! I REFUSE TO ALLOW THE COUNTDOWN TO BEGIN!!!

Okay, did that help? Did everything stop? I can't tell. It's hard to tell time when you're in the midst of a panic attack. *Rolling*

I'm so sorry you're having trouble, WakeUpAndLiveļø~scary 2024! *Care* Is it passion from you for your story or passion within the story among characters or passion within the story as in some sort of excitement to draw in the reader? What are you missing? If you need ideas, the NaNo Adoption Society threads have tons of them--Adopt a Subplot, Adopt a Romantic Moment, Adopt a Last Line, etc. Maybe something there will help?

Oliviaā€“Soccer EC ITA:SUI 0:0, I'm so glad to see you hanging in there! Great work!

What do you mean that you are having trouble with your setting, Dobie Mom? Like, you don't want it set in a small town in the old west, even though it's a western? Or do you mean you need places within that town for new setting ideas? If it's the small town situation, try a big city back then. They often referred to bigger cities, but seldom seemed to set anything there. lol Or if you are in a small town, what about showing scenes in the boot repair shop or the boarding house or the blacksmith's shop (or whatever that was called)? Or you could go with something like Oliviaā€“Soccer EC ITA:SUI 0:0 is suggesting, but make it a parallel universe or an alternative history. Maybe the Native Americans weren't decimated and everyone lived together more peacefully because the white people had better morals or maybe the Native Americans even beat back the white people who are now living in little bands, barely surviving, sort of like an old west post-apocalyptic thing. *Bigsmile* Good luck!

YIKES, Adherennium Dr of Phoolishness! That definitely sucks! *Scared* Do you not like the turn it took? Maybe you can revamp the characters or setting or some of the scenes and try to get things back on track? I know I was a good ways into prep in 2019 when I changed my story completely. Was it as good as it would have been had it had a full month of prep? No. But it did make 50k and I'm pleased enough with it. *Smile* Maybe one of your characters has a story of their own from a different period of their life that needs to be told instead? Good luck with all of that! *Hug1**Cry**Hug2*

And be sure to check out my challenge

FORUM
The Contest Challenge  (13+)
Join by entering a contest a month for 12 months--Win Badges! Catching up is allowed!
#2109126 by Schnujo Enjoyed Colombia

and my contest

FORUM
The Whatever Contest -- Closed for Now  (13+)
This irregular contest will change each round. Nature poem? Horror story? Whatever.
#2232242 by Schnujo Enjoyed Colombia

Reviewed by U.S. Army Ret. Schnujo at the Witch's House
MESSAGE THREAD
The countdown begins! · 10-21-21 12:11am
by Dragon is hiding
Re: The countdown begins! · 10-21-21 11:15am
by WakeUpAndLiveļø~scary 2024
Re: The countdown begins! · 10-21-21 11:59am
by Oliviaā€“Soccer EC ITA:SUI 0:0
Re: Re: The countdown begins! · 10-21-21 12:34pm
by Dobie Mom
Re: Re: Re: The countdown begins! · 10-21-21 1:57pm
by Odessa Molinari
Re: Re: Re: Re: The countdown begins! · 10-21-21 4:57pm
by Dobie Mom
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The countdown begins! · 10-21-21 5:01pm
by Adherennium Dr of Phoolishness
Re: Re: Re: The countdown begins! · 10-21-21 5:42pm
by QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham
*Star* Re: Re: Re: Re: The countdown begins! · 10-22-21 1:21am
by Schnujo Enjoyed Colombia
Re: The countdown begins! · 10-21-21 12:54pm
by Adherennium Dr of Phoolishness

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, BrandiwynšŸŽ¶.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3458810