*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3389130
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Fantasy · #2180090
Message forum for readers of the BoM/TWS interactive universe.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Dec 4, 2020 at 9:29pm
Near misses
I wrote a few chapters for my own amusement, really. Haven't posted them, not sure I will, curious about opinions as it's a different BoM take than usual.

The basic plot is utterly mundane: Will just doing Will stuff. It's what's going on behind him that is the real plot. I was inspired by the TV show Community, which had one of the characters, over multiple scenes, help a pregnant woman give birth. Except it was never mentioned in the episode - the entire plot occurred in the background of scenes between other characters, and most people (me included) only noticed it when it was pointed out to them. Essentially there is a full-on magical struggle going on around Will that he's entirely oblivious to, and likely would only be noticed by eagle-eyed readers who know the cast of characters and why, say, Scott Bickelmeir is important.

It span off from 'Nobody Expects the Tennis Inquisition', in which Will is asked by Coach Acuna if he is a wizard. In the spin-off, Will basically laughs at her, not realizing 'Coach Acuna' is in fact Michelle Nolan trapped behind a mask of her PE teacher. So, while Will goes about his day, a freshman and her friend Ian Cowdray face the problem of somehow covering up the disappearance of a teenage girl (and the fact there are two PE teachers) while trying to find someone to help them get the dang mask off. This drags in... well. Doesn't matter really.

I don't know if that kind of line has any interest of if it's just too meta.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Near misses · 12-04-20 9:29pm
by Masktrix
Re: Near misses · 12-04-20 9:51pm
by Seuzz
Re: Re: Near misses · 12-04-20 11:30pm
by ThePrussian

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Seuzz.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3389130