*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3383225
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Fantasy · #2180090
Message forum for readers of the BoM/TWS interactive universe.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Nov 5, 2020 at 2:07am
Re: In Which A Lampshade Is Hung & A Warning Is Issued
by Nostrum
Well...if that's "bit too dark" for you, then I have to admit, I must have some really creepy thresholds.

I mean...kudos for you, this version of Will is slowly getting me irked. There's very few villains in the whole of movies, video games and literature that elicit a grudge from my part*, and this version of Will's getting pretty close. However, it's falling flat because I can see myself forgiving him when the shit hits the fan. Maybe if he turns into a fricking Karma Houdini or he deals with a favorite character I might find the nudge into "unforgiving hatred", but this is a very personal form of dark, and while a very involved one, I can even admire the creativity he's showing. To state the point: this version of Will's growing to be a magnificent bastard, but I can see Laser-Guided Karma coming his way.

So...I guess my degree of unpleasantness isn't enough to make me feel disgusted?

*To further my point: I have a few villains that I hate with such candor that I wouldn't doubt denying mercy. As someone that tries not to hold grudges, I feel almost vindicated in holding them against these (fictional) characters, because they are definitely unworthy of consideration. These are Kefka Palazzo (from Final Fantasy VI) and Romeo Guildenstern (from Vagrant Story; coincidentally, both from video games). The first is an unrepentant nihilist that gleefully committed genocide as a tactical advantage, tricked the heroes into a false sense of resolution and security only to make the Empire he serves gain access to the power they desired so much, only to backstab everything at the end, and just when the world's an absolute shithole, he's so bored that he wants to annihilate everything. (Plus, he placed a mind-control circlet on Terra. That's the last drop.) As for Romeo...have the sweetest girl be his girlfriend, so devoted to him that she'd give her life for him...and that absolute asshole uses her as a sacrifice to gain the power of the setting the game's located, because that was his purpose in the very beginning. He was an asshole to begin with (a religious fanatic asshole that happens to be treated as a gallant hero and as a holy knight; again, very personal reasons to already loathe him as it's obvious he's a smug snake), but then he hijacks the title of villain from the existing villain and proves he's not just a smug snake, but a complete monster. That's the kind of loathing one has to commit to earn my full enmity.

(Do note that Joker gets very close, but not enough. Same for Emperor Palpatine, or Sauron, or...let's say Exdeath. But I feel morbid admiration for those villains, because they're the kind of villains that show dedication, masterful planning and enough gloating to be satisfying enough to vanquish, but also represent dedication to the craft of villainy.)
MESSAGE THREAD
In Which A Lampshade Is Hung & A Warning Is Issued · 11-02-20 1:00pm
by imaj
*Star* Re: In Which A Lampshade Is Hung & A Warning Is Issued · 11-05-20 2:07am
by Nostrum
Re: Re: In Which A Lampshade Is Hung & A Warning Is Issued · 11-05-20 2:26am
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: In Which A Lampshade Is Hung & A Warning Is Issued · 11-05-20 1:38pm
by imaj
Re: Re: Re: In Which A Lampshade Is Hung & A Warning Is I... · 11-05-20 3:18pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Re: In Which A Lampshade Is Hung & A Warning Is I... · 11-05-20 9:05pm
by Nostrum
Re: Re: Re: Re: In Which A Lampshade Is Hung & A Warning ... · 11-06-20 4:42am
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: In Which A Lampshade Is Hung & A Warn... · 11-06-20 9:34pm
by Nostrum
Re: Re: Re: Re: In Which A Lampshade Is Hung & A Warning ... · 11-06-20 11:37am
by imaj
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: In Which A Lampshade Is Hung & A Warn... · 11-06-20 11:45am
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: In Which A Lampshade Is Hung & A ... · 11-06-20 1:07pm
by imaj
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: In Which A Lampshade Is Hung & A Warn... · 11-06-20 9:52pm
by Nostrum
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: In Which A Lampshade Is Hung & A ... · 11-07-20 9:27am
by imaj
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: In Which A Lampshade Is Hung ... · 11-07-20 6:09pm
by Seuzz
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: In Which A Lampshade Is H... · 11-07-20 9:00pm
by Nostrum
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: In Which A Lampshade Is Hung ... · 11-08-20 11:23am
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: In Which A Lampshade Is H... · 11-09-20 12:50pm
by imaj

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Seuzz.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3383225