*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3366309
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Fantasy · #2180090
Message forum for readers of the BoM/TWS interactive universe.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Sep 4, 2020 at 3:58am
Edited: September 4, 2020 at 3:59am
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: JM.
Well, getting back on subject a little...

Seuzz mentioned how hard it was to wait on the next chapter. Try having to wait a week, slowly drip-feeding the story, when you can’t reveal the twists that are coming up! This is a spoilerific post about JM and her arc, so please read latest chapter before looking below.

Ready?

OF COURSE THE BOOK WAS COMING BACK TO WILL. As soon as I knew I was writing JM, and that Will would appear in the story, a cameo would never suit. And, as I reached the halfway point and I realized things were moving away from him, I inserted a little line that was key to it all: JM still thinks will owes her, and she has his number. At that point, Will Prescott was always going to be part of any plan to get gravedirt for the golem, and it was always going to be the final sting that ended the arc. JM was simply in over her head and had to share the book with someone. Will was the perfect solution.

A note on JM being reckless: although I couldn’t say it at the time, her actions have become increasingly more desperate. Part of the reason I introduced the drugs plot (as well as to tie in with existing continuity) was to contrast JM’s addiction with Abi’s. For her, the book *is* an addiction, and it grants her everything she wants. However, in classic fashion, it is also a monkey’s paw. Why is JM so reckless? The first, as discussed, is that she has never faced consequences. The second is that she has always been a follower, never a leader, and grasps at her chance even though she isn’t really sure how to handle it. And the third is simple – she’s a seventeen-year-old girl!

What happens next? I have no idea. Would Will work well with her? What would their relationship be? Is JM a hero or an antagonist? They are all good questions. Also unresolved is Aiden Nichols’ investigations, Mark and Stephanie’s presumed encounter on the soccer field, and what Abi Steiner is planning to do to the (for once, blameless) Mary Occam. I would say that I think JM is someone that could crop up elsewhere, and as easily be an ally, a puppet or a villain accordingly.
MESSAGE THREAD
JM. · 09-03-20 9:45am
by thatdude
Re: JM. · 09-03-20 11:33am
by Seuzz
Re: Re: JM. · 09-03-20 3:05pm
by imaj
Re: Re: Re: JM. · 09-03-20 3:53pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Re: Re: JM. · 09-03-20 4:26pm
by imaj
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: JM. · 09-03-20 4:50pm
by Seuzz
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: JM. · 09-03-20 5:14pm
by Masktrix
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: JM. · 09-03-20 5:16pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: JM. · 09-03-20 5:18pm
by Seuzz
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: JM. · 09-03-20 5:19pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: JM. · 09-03-20 5:32pm
by imaj
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: JM. · 09-03-20 5:39pm
by Seuzz
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: JM. · 09-03-20 5:49pm
by Masktrix
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: JM. · 09-03-20 6:34pm
by rugal b.
*Star* Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: JM. · 09-04-20 3:58am
by Masktrix
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: JM. · 09-04-20 7:45am
by Seuzz
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: JM. · 09-04-20 8:17am
by Masktrix

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Seuzz.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3366309