*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3340472
Rated: E · Message Forum · Activity · #1672351
A place to talk about your hobbies and crafts.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Apr 21, 2020 at 8:17am
I'm Up For Anything Crafty
Well, well, well, what have I found here? A gem that looks like it has been um, asleep! I love crafts! My Grandmother started me at an early age. I'd see her crocheting and insist I wanted to try. Oh she had such patience, as she spent more time untangling my mess than working on her own project lol. She made lampshades out of egg cartons, quilted and bought me my very first embroidery kit.

As I got older, my older sister was very much into ceramics. She bought the greenware and taught me how to patiently clean it, then she would help me paint and glaze it and I remember getting to go with her when she would take it to the barn shop where it would be "fired". It was all very exciting for me! I guess that is where my love of painting was born.

Nowadays, I enjoy painting and creating miniatures. I make small, compact dollhouses out of cardboard boxes, usually large shoe or boot boxes but nearly any box will do. I order wooden peg people by the bulk and spend hours painting them and bringing them to life. Some I make into families. Mommy's, Daddy's Babys, little boys or girls. Some, however, end up being fairies, angels, dogs, cats, dragons, whatever I am creating at the time. I make firemen, policemen, postal workers, etc because in addition to dollhouses, I make doll shops, both for girls AND boys!

Yep, I make doll shops for boys! I make auto shops, fire stations, police stations, hospitals, farms, things that would interest little boys.

I still love to embroider but now that I'm getting older, the more detailed work is harder. I like making my own flower pots and planters and growing plants/flowers. And I really throw myself into making holiday decorations. Floral design, like wreaths and candleholders, are fun and I also make dolls out of flowers!

I love learning and trying new crafts and am always up for something new. I'd really like to see this forum wake from its sleep and become active again. With so many people stuck at home, we need an outlet to keep busy and share ideas!
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
I'm Up For Anything Crafty · 04-21-20 8:17am
by Shadow Prowler-Spreading Love
Re: I'm Up For Anything Crafty · 04-21-20 10:11am
by Princess Megan Rose 22 Years
Re: Re: I'm Up For Anything Crafty · 12-26-21 3:46pm
by MaxDeVermandois
Re: Re: Re: I'm Up For Anything Crafty · 12-26-21 3:58pm
by Princess Megan Rose 22 Years

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Princess Megan Rose 22 Years.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3340472