*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3276677
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(672)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #126963
A warm welcome to our newbies; come meet new and not-so-new members of Writing.Com!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jun 17, 2019 at 1:41am
Hey Everyone!
*Dollar* 50 GPs were sent to The StoryMistress with this post.
Hi,

I'm new here, was directed to this board for introductory purposes.

I suppose I should start by saying I am a creative, whether you interpret that as an artist or storyteller or hobbyist is entirely within your own perspective. I simply create and don't really take the time to label myself.

I draw, I read, I animate, and occasionally I write. I'm trying to make a habit of that last one which is why I came here :)

I read and enjoy all manner of literature, although my favourite genres as of now include fantasy/horror/sci-fi.
My favourite authors being Neil Gaiman, Madeline Miller, Patrick Ness, Philip Pullman, Kurt Vonnegut, H. P. Lovecraft, Poe, and many more.

Once upon a time, I would write little pieces here and there. Emotional poetry charged with teenage angst and uncertainty. Meaningless and nonsensical prose in the guise of description, merely observational not only of external environment but also of my own perceptions. Small attempts at short stories that would grow vague and obtuse, losing intention and purpose.

In the years since I only really wrote my thoughts. How dreary I had become in the monotony of depression. The same impossible tasks of the day recorded in dull and verbose glory, over and over and over again. I grew so tired of it all but the writing was all I had.

Recently I have come into a much healthier and more positive mood and would love to explore writing as a means of creation again, not simply as documentation of decay.

I look forward to working with you and am very open to criticism and advice.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Hey Everyone! · 06-17-19 1:41am
by Prometheus
Re: Hey Everyone! · 06-17-19 9:03am
by William Stafford
Re: Hey Everyone! · 06-18-19 3:40pm
by Ԝ☆Ԝ Happy 4th of July USA!

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryMistress.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3276677