*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3245604
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Fantasy · #2180090
Message forum for readers of the BoM/TWS interactive universe.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jan 29, 2019 at 11:23am
Re: Re: Re: Re: QotW #2: Hiding Out Under a Mask
by Seuzz
I started by looking at girls to impersonate, but I ran into two problems. One is the one that Tal above mentions. Never mind dealing with family and friends, how do I deal with clothes and make up? But girls are also much more sociable than guys, which is why (like Tal) I was driven to looking for a male alias.

The other problem is that is that, as an author who knows a lot about characters that hasn't really been reported in the story, it would be too easy for me to cheat, by picking a character who I know I could impersonate but whose traits haven't been established in the canon. I could even cheat by inventing a character to suit me, and pretend that they were that way all along. And I've spent so much time inside Will's head that I had to remind myself that I *wouldn't* know how he thinks and acts.

If I was feeling a little more plucky, I might choose Justin Roth instead of Fairfax. Though he has lots of friends, he also has a reputation for being close-mouthed and chemically addled. Also, he skips most of his classes, so academic performance there would be easier.
MESSAGE THREAD
QotW #2: Hiding Out Under a Mask · 01-28-19 10:59am
by Seuzz
Re: QotW #2: Hiding Out Under a Mask · 01-28-19 11:00am
by Seuzz
Re: QotW #2: Hiding Out Under a Mask · 01-28-19 3:01pm
by araki
Re: Re: QotW #2: Hiding Out Under a Mask · 01-28-19 6:27pm
by rugal b.
Re: Re: Re: QotW #2: Hiding Out Under a Mask · 01-28-19 11:35pm
by Tal
*Star* Re: Re: Re: Re: QotW #2: Hiding Out Under a Mask · 01-29-19 11:23am
by Seuzz
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: QotW #2: Hiding Out Under a Mask · 01-29-19 5:00pm
by imaj
Re: QotW #2: Hiding Out Under a Mask · 02-15-19 2:12pm
by bori258

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Seuzz.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3245604