*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3217052
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing · #1474311
2023 Sign-ups are CLOSED. A month-long novel-planning challenge with prizes galore.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Sep 30, 2018 at 10:44am
Edited: September 30, 2018 at 12:57pm
Entry Form ready
We should be set to log assignments now. The entry form is linked in the forum header above, but it's also here  

There are only three parts to the log, and it should be incredibly fast and simple to use:

1) Author - this is a dropdown list of everyone who's signed up. It's limited to the first five characters of the NaNoPrep name you signed up with. Let us know if you can't find yourself.

2) Assignment - also a dropdown list. It's simply the number of the day corresponding to the calendar assignment. For example, if you do the October 4 assignment, choose "4." This is regardless of the actual day you log the work. There are no options for Freebie Days.

3) If you want to share your work, and you have it in a Static Item or Book Entry here on WDC, just type the Item or Entry number into the final field. DO NOT type, for example, {item:1234567} or {entry:999999}. Do not type anything like item:1234567 or entry:999999. Just type (for example) 1234567 or 999999 (but use the actual item or entry number of your work). Every time I find anything but a number in that field, I have to do work, and I'm allergic to work. So, just to be clear: Just the item or entry number. Digits only. Nothing else. (I couldn't find a way to sanitize inputs, but I'll keep looking.)

Oh, and (3) is optional. You're never required to show your work unless you're entering a Contest Round. So at minimum, two fields, both scrolldowns, and it shouldn't take more than 10 seconds or so. But please remember to check to see if your entry got logged, and let us know if you encounter any problems or have any questions.

Again: "Good luck. We're all counting on you."  

WALTZ
2018 October NaNoWriMo Prep Challenge
Tech Support Division

"Why annoy BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ with technical issues when you can annoy Robert Waltz instead?"

Hell hath no fury like
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Entry Form ready · 09-30-18 10:44am
by Robert Waltz
Re: Entry Form ready · 09-30-18 12:52pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Entry Form ready · 09-30-18 1:00pm
by Robert Waltz
Re: Re: Re: Entry Form ready · 09-30-18 1:10pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Re: Re: Entry Form ready · 09-30-18 1:19pm
by Robert Waltz
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Entry Form ready · 09-30-18 1:47pm
by A Non-Existent User

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, BrandiwynšŸŽ¶.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3217052