*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3216973
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing · #1474311
2023 Sign-ups are CLOSED. A month-long novel-planning challenge with prizes galore.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Sep 29, 2018 at 9:44pm
A Note on the 72-hour Rule
There's been some confusion about the "72 hour rule" (see forum text above) and how it's applied, so for any new Preppies as well as returning Preppies who might need a refresher, I'm going to try to make it more clear.

The simple explanation is this: don't go 72 hours (three full days) between logging any two assignments, or you'll be disqualified from the main contest prize (though there are still runner-up prizes).

The more complicated explanation is this:

*Donut5* You can work ahead and do assignments in any order. You can lag behind by no more than 72 hours.
*Donut5* Once you've completed all the exercises, the 72-hour rule no longer applies. You're done. Congrats.
*Donut5* There's a spreadsheet formula that keeps track of the time between logged assignments.
*Donut5* Said formula will only be overridden in the cases outlined in the forum header above (prior arrangement, natural disaster).
*Donut5* Fairness to everyone requires that we make no other exceptions.
*Donut5* To verify that your assignment has been logged, follow the link provided. Give it a few minutes to allow for calculation time.
*Donut5* Post here or email me or another Prep Leader if there is a problem with logging.
*Donut5* Since nothing is bug-free, I highly recommend that you not do what I would do and wait until 71:59:59 to make your entry.
*Donut5* Submit your last entry by 23:59 (your time zone) on October 31 or you'll be disqualified.

So, for example, let's say you log an assignment at exactly 1:00 pm on October 4. You must then log another assignment before 1:00 pm on October 7 or be eliminated.

As another example, if you've worked fast and completed everything by October 15, you no longer need to worry about the 72-hour rule.

Again, you can do these in any order, although we do recommend following the scripted order, if for no other reason than to help you keep track of things.

On another note, the Entry Form isn't quite ready yet, but we hope to have it prepared before it's October 1st anywhere on Earth. If not, please be patient - this is my first time doing tech support and there might be bugs. If there are problems, I'll sort them out just as fast as I can, and as fairly.

To quote the great movie Airplane, "Good luck. We're all counting on you."  

WALTZ
2018 October NaNoWriMo Prep Challenge
Tech Support Division

"Why annoy BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ with technical issues when you can annoy Robert Waltz instead?"

Hell hath no fury like
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
A Note on the 72-hour Rule · 09-29-18 9:44pm
by Robert Waltz

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, BrandiwynšŸŽ¶.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3216973