SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3196157
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Contest · #1786069
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jul 2, 2018 at 8:12pm
July Unofficial Prompt Day 1
I found myself travelling through outback queensland without access to internet or even phone reception over the turnover from June to July. Not something I was expecting, but life is like that.

So, here is your first prompt, and
then I will explain how I'm going to do this month differently.

"Tell us about that time you were excited about something, only to be bitterly disappointed when it was delayed or cancelled."

Now, the idea I have for the Unofficial months is to make the administration side as simple and easy as possible so that others can regularly take it on with a minimum of daunting fuss.

Rather then daily prompts, each week an email or post will be sent out with the coming weeks prompts. Weekly prompts, I feel, will still keep things topical and engaging (rather then just a list of 30 prompts).

Behind the scenes, I am developing a streamlined judging process to speed that aspect up for judges. As an ex-judge/host for multiple challenges, I can tell you right now that it can take hours and hours and days and days to finish the judging and tally the results. I'm hoping, with the unofficial months at least, to take some of that pressure off.

So, the next you hear from me, will be a list of the next weeks prompts.

In the mean time, enjoy regaling us with your greatest expectation and your greatest disappointment, and I truly am sorry for the rough start to this month.

---
SteamPunk Newsletter Out Now!
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#2092940 by Not Available.

---
Johny Thundersbeard
Editor, Mentor & Member.
"The Steampunk Authors' Guild
---
WDC Author of the Month May 2012
30DBC Administrator, Judge & Rejigger 2012.
Forum Master "Invalid Item 2016.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
July Unofficial Prompt Day 1 · 07-02-18 8:12pm
by Thundersbeard 30DBC JULY HOST
Re: July Unofficial Prompt Day 1 · 07-03-18 12:49pm
by Apondia

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Fivesixer.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3196157