*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3031880
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing · #1474311
2023 Sign-ups are CLOSED. A month-long novel-planning challenge with prizes galore.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 19, 2016 at 12:58am
Day 19 Or whatever day it is where you are
I could use some help with information about PTSD.

My Main Character was held captive for 3 months in a room made to look like the well in the Silence of the Lambs movie. Her kidnapper wants to make her into his perfect wife/woman. He's a wild Bill wannabe and uses tactics that were used on POW's. Deprivation, isolation, no clothes, no hygiene for the first month. then begins mental word play as he tells her what he wants from her. "It rubs the lotion on its skin when ever its told. It rubs the lotion on it skin or else it gets the hose..." Over and over he repeats this until lshe does it.
After 3 months she is rescued and taken to a hospital for 2 weeks (maybe longer?) and released to her family. I uderstand she will act like a recluse. Doesn't want to be around people. The Press hound her. She can't go anywhere even when she wants to. She decides to flee to the West coast.
Now MC2 Josh, is a retired navy SEAL sniper. He has seen a lot and is dealing with a lot. He goes to a local group meeting for others dealing with PTSD. He senses something wrong with MC1 but has no idea what she's been through since he doesn't know who she is. Eventually the truth comes out and he and another guest at the B&B try to encourage her to go to the meetings with Josh.
I've read things on line about PTSD, but they seem very generic. My question is; What actions would she have that might trigger Josh to suspect she has PTSD or she has been in a very traumatic situation?
If this isn't the right diagnosis for what she's been through what other traumatic actions might she have surviving this kidnapping?
I have a point in time where she gives in and goes to the meeting only to have someone visiting who tell the media she's here.

Any ideas, suggestions?

No details are told in the book, only references to what happened. I want to keep this 18+

Tina

Merit Badge in I Love WdC
[Click For More Info]

Congratulations on nine wonderful years on WDC! Here's to many more years together. Hugs~Hannah ā™„
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Day 19 Or whatever day it is where you are · 10-19-16 12:58am
by Quick-Quill
Re: Day 19 Or whatever day it is where you are · 10-19-16 1:16am
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Day 19 Or whatever day it is where you are · 10-19-16 2:07am
by Quick-Quill
Re: Re: Re: Day 19 Or whatever day it is where you are · 10-19-16 6:58am
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Day 19 Or whatever day it is where you are · 10-19-16 7:36am
by Storm Machine
Re: Re: Day 19 Or whatever day it is where you are · 10-19-16 10:22am
by Sharon.NJ
Re: Re: Re: Day 19 Or whatever day it is where you are · 10-19-16 11:55am
by Elfin Dragon-finally published
Re: Re: Re: Day 19 Or whatever day it is where you are · 10-19-16 12:06pm
by Quick-Quill
Re: Re: Re: Re: Day 19 Or whatever day it is where you are · 10-19-16 12:12pm
by Quick-Quill
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Day 19 Or whatever day it is where yo... · 10-19-16 12:23pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Day 19 Or whatever day it is wher... · 10-19-16 12:36pm
by Dobie Mom
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Day 19 Or whatever day it is ... · 10-19-16 1:07pm
by Quick-Quill
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Day 19 Or whatever day it... · 10-20-16 10:02pm
by Quick-Quill

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, BrandiwynšŸŽ¶.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3031880