*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3031119
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing · #1474311
2023 Sign-ups are CLOSED. A month-long novel-planning challenge with prizes galore.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 16, 2016 at 11:50pm
Would you read?
by A Non-Existent User
Ever since I saw a post on the Nanowrimo forum about not being able to get an agent or publisher to look at a series someone has been writing and an editor telling her that they want a stand alone book first, I realized that my first novel could never stand alone. I had to think about how my favorite writers managed to get their series published and it hit me. They had at least one stand alone novel proving they were worth the risk.

Tonight Jack Shepard and Janna Gunter came to my head full grown. What I am curious about is would anyone read it.

He is a broke blueblood. His family hasn't had any money since his great great grandfather lost it all. His family came here on the Mayflower and were involved in getting our nation its freedom. His great-grandfather went west and settled at the Arkansas Post. His grandfather worked for the Hanging judge as a marshal. His father worked for the state police and he is an overqualified detective working for his local sheriff's office but considering running in the next election. He has doctorate degrees in both criminal justice and psychology along with his license as a therapist.

She is a reporter with a knack for solving cold cases. She was raised by her grandmother who was half cherokee half osage. Her mother died of breast cancer when she was still a preteen. Her mother was half Irish, her father was german. She, however, being raised by her grandmother gets the trees and the elements to speak to her and she finds clues people miss by sitting with the evidence, exhumed body or just the tree where the event happened.

He has a case where it appears that either wild dogs or local coyotes are killing people. He is supposed to find them and take them out only, It doesn't seem like that kind of kill to him. There is no sign of struggle, just a body that has been ripped apart and a similar case in a neighboring county. So he asks Janna to help him figure it out.

It will, of course, lead to a romance between the two of them. I know not real concise but the idea is still fleshing itself out. I was just wondering if anyone would be interested. Is it worth my effort to flesh it out?

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
"October Novel Prep Challenge Group
Check out my Rising Stars Bookiemonster Outasync Grace♥Leo health issues & bumfuzzled
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Would you read? · 10-16-16 11:50pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Would you read? · 10-17-16 6:42am
by QPdoll
Re: Would you read? · 10-17-16 6:49am
by Shanachie
Re: Would you read? · 10-17-16 7:17am
by Dragon is hiding
Re: Re: Would you read? · 10-17-16 7:32am
by MontyB
Re: Re: Re: Would you read? · 10-17-16 10:24am
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Re: Re: Would you read? · 10-17-16 2:59pm
by Quick-Quill

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, BrandiwynšŸŽ¶.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3031119