*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3030778
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing · #1474311
A month-long novel-planning challenge with prizes galore. Prep 2024 signups now open!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 16, 2016 at 11:45am
Something for those who have timed out
by MontyB
My first year in prep, I was so excited about being here and prepping a novel and finishing Nano for the first time ever! So excited. I was so good, too. I prepped every day and I posted and then something happened (I can't even remember what it was) and I timed out. I didn't even realize I had done it until it was too late. I was so crushed I sat and cried at my computer forever. I didn't want to finish. What was the point, right? I'd lost the challenge.

The thing is, this isn't the challenge we're prepping for. After some hard talks with BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ and Storm Machine , I pulled myself back up and I finished the prep. I had a novel prepped for NaNoWriMo. And that year for the first time ever I won Nano.

So this is my encouragement to you if you've timed out, don't give up. This challenge is just to get your novel going. Sure there are fun things when you win without exceeding, but there are fun things when you win after you've stumbled. If you pick yourself up after the disappointment of timing out and keep going, you are a winner.

Don't give up! Your novel is still waiting for you.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Something for those who have timed out · 10-16-16 11:45am
by MontyB
Re: Something for those who have timed out · 10-16-16 12:39pm
by Storm Machine
Re: Re: Something for those who have timed out · 10-16-16 1:11pm
by Dobie Mom
Re: Re: Re: Something for those who have timed out · 10-16-16 1:17pm
by Storm Machine
Re: Re: Re: Something for those who have timed out · 10-16-16 3:56pm
by BrandiwynšŸŽ¶
Re: Re: Re: Re: Something for those who have timed out · 10-17-16 3:03pm
by Quick-Quill

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, BrandiwynšŸŽ¶.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3030778