*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2897112
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing · #1474311
2023 Sign-ups are CLOSED. A month-long novel-planning challenge with prizes galore.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 25, 2015 at 2:28am
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Suggestions?
by A Non-Existent User
That's why I thought it was perfect slang. I thought she knew that when she suggested it. LOL

Take this with a grain of salt. Use the latin/medical sounding terms, but use them sparingly. Get to far above people's head, give them something that is difficult to read out loud... You will lose them. (I read to my husband because though he writes, his eyes focus separately so its often hard for him to read things without getting a huge headache. Building the bulkhead's for air plains requires working to within one one hundredth of an inch. That is all the leway they get for cutting parts and getting them stuck together. None of the sides can have more than one one hundredth of an inch space between them. So, by the time he gets home his eyes are worn out. If I have to read words that are difficult to pronounce over and over... Well the book usually goes in the "sell back as a used book even though we haven't finished it pile."

The reason I said taking it with a grain of salt... I was having problems coming up with the name of a shadow like creature. I use shade when I need to be less concise and move the story along faster. I wanted to use shadow but everyone writes about the "shadows" now. It's everything from a creature, to a place, to a place in time. But, I was looking through a book that lists all the Gods and Goddesses and came across a creature of Nammu who eventually came to be considered a demon, though it's original purpose was as a messenger between Nammu and mankind. Sig-en-Sig-do. I have no idea how that would be pronounced exactly. For time constraints I will often after Nano reduce it down to Sig-en because is awkward to type. I doubt it would be pronounced any more phonetically than Samhain, which has several different pronunciations and none of them sound like it looks. I mean would any American look at that and think Sow-en? No? Me either, but it is its most common pronunciation. So I didn't go for Latin which is still spoken even if it is considered a dead language. I went for Babylonian. Yeah, we all know how they said things don't we. LOL

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
"WdC SuperPower Reviewers Group"Invalid Item
"Invalid Item
Check out my Rising Stars Bookiemonster Outasync Grace♥Leo health issues & bumfuzzled
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
MESSAGE THREAD
Suggestions? · 10-21-15 9:54am
by Noyoki
Re: Suggestions? · 10-21-15 10:54am
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Suggestions? · 10-21-15 12:18pm
by Noyoki
Re: Suggestions? · 10-21-15 11:36pm
by Eric the Fred
Re: Suggestions? · 10-21-15 11:57pm
by Professor Q
Re: Re: Suggestions? · 10-22-15 7:48am
by Cheri Annemos
Re: Re: Suggestions? · 10-25-15 12:47am
by Noyoki
Re: Re: Re: Suggestions? · 10-25-15 12:54am
by Professor Q
Re: Re: Re: Re: Suggestions? · 10-25-15 1:03am
by Noyoki
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Suggestions? · 10-25-15 1:06am
by Professor Q
*Star* Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Suggestions? · 10-25-15 2:28am
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Suggestions? · 10-25-15 2:49am
by Professor Q
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Suggestions? · 10-25-15 2:56am
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Suggestions? · 10-25-15 3:20am
by Professor Q
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Suggestions? · 10-25-15 7:54am
by BrandiwynšŸŽ¶
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Suggestions? · 10-25-15 3:55pm
by Professor Q
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Suggestio... · 10-25-15 5:14pm
by Storm Machine

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, BrandiwynšŸŽ¶.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2897112