*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2897102
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing · #1474311
2023 Sign-ups are CLOSED. A month-long novel-planning challenge with prizes galore.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 25, 2015 at 1:40am
Show Me the Money Honey
by Noyoki
If youā€™re willing to fork out a little dough, here are some suggestions on where to spend it.

No plot? No problem! By Chris Baty

If you buy nothing else for NaNo this year, you need to get this book. It was written by one of the founders of NaNo, and the advice for completing NaNo in it is invaluable. The book is broken up into two parts: Before November, and during November. In the during part, each chapter is to be read the week theyā€™re writing about. It provides tips, warnings, and cheerleading for each week of the month. The book is roughly 50 thousand words, so itā€™s not too long and itā€™ll give you a hint of the length of what youā€™re writing next month.

Scrivener

This program is the Rolls Royce of writing programs. If youā€™re the type of person that likes to control every aspect of everything, this is a great program for you. I havenā€™t had time to get to know this program well, but Iā€™ve heard a lot of good things about it. Hereā€™s a little intro about the program if youā€™re interested.

[Embed For Use By Upgraded+]

Write It Now

If you want a writing program with an awesome character development aspect, this is the one youā€™ll want to take a closer look at. You can link characters together, show relationships, change the color of their tags, show male or female in the name tag, and develop personality traits for each character in the program. Itā€™s all kinds of awesome.

yWriter

If you donā€™t want to open your wallet for one of the two programs above, this is a spiffy writing program designed by a published author whoā€™s also a programmer. That means it was designed with the writer in mind. I havenā€™t had a chance to mess with this one too much yet, but I think Iā€™m going to take it for a test run to hold my outline. I heard about yWriter in an earlier thread on October NaNo Prep and wanted to add it here as an option.

F.Y.I ā€“ Taking on a new writing system in the middle of the fire of November might not be the sanest of ideas. Then again, writing a novel in a month isnā€™t the height of sanity either, so if any of you are like me and want to go whole hog, take a peak and see if any of these programs might work for you!
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Show Me the Money Honey · 10-25-15 1:40am
by Noyoki

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, BrandiwynšŸŽ¶.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2897102